Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Final Table Angle shot!

I'm playing a small local 2 table Tourney. 7 players on the Final table. Players in seat 1&2 are buddies. Seat 10 SB Seat 1 BB. PF seat 2 very short stacked (1 1/2BB) goes ALL IN
table folds to SB. SB calls as does BB.
flop and turn checked down. River 4th Heart comes out SB checks BB bets 1.5 times the blind. SB folds. BB (buddies) start back and forth "you turn your cards over first". Dealer says NOTHING. After couple more "you turn your cards" BB mucks card into dealers muck pile! WTF ??? protests abound around the table. Floor says both hands should of been turned over at the folding of the third player. ALL IN takes pot with K high no Heart. Turns out SB in seat 10 folded Heart figuring BB had larger Heart. ALL In makes the money (2nd) Seat 10 bust out on the bubble 4th. Seat 1 BB busts out 6th.

I am frustrated because the ALL IN is super loose crazy player that should of broke out, and it's pretty obvious that seat 1 pushed seat 2 the pot just to keep his buddy in.
What should of happened to player in seat 1? I think the player in seat 2 just is the happy benifactor of his buddy's scumbag play. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] This SCUMBAG play changed the out come of the Tourney, that sucks!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Final Table Angle shot!

Poker Tourament Directors Association
RULE # 37 Showdown
At the end of last round of betting, the player who made the last
aggressive action in that betting round must show first. If there was no
bet the player to the left of the button shows first and so on clockwise.

http://www.pokertda.com/rules.htm

Every Tournament Poker Player Should Have a copy of these with them whenever they play. Plus it is also a good idea to ask for a copy of the house rules or ask the rooms TD to point out any house rules that differ from the POKER TDA rules.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:19 PM

Where was this? That type of blatant collusion should have caused a penalty of X rounds for Seat 1. Nothing really to penalize Seat 2 for unless he induced that action or said something.

Dealer and floor here seem incompetent.., was this in Florida?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I Missed the point in my haste

doesn't justify rudeness. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where was this? That type of blatant collusion should have caused a penalty of X rounds for Seat 1. Nothing really to penalize Seat 2 for unless he induced that action or said something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was here in Montana and I don't think that seat # had anything to do with it other than getting the pot. I think seat number # 1 used it to "help his buddy" by passing him a pot to keep him in. This is a pretty laid back situation and most everyone is just playing for the fun and hope they make a few hundred out of 3-4 hours of play. The floor would have done it if he could of proven it was deliberate, or the player had a "history" of abuse. The player simply got a warning.

After checking out the linked rules I figured out this is called "chip dumping" and is subject to disqalification. Live and learn. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 05:14 PM

I'm the first one in my cardroom to stand up for and defend dealers but, THIS dealer deserves KITN. Job is to protect the muck and control the game.

So wrong, clearly passing chips, dealer should have been more aware. You're right, this did change the outcome. I would agree with a penalty.