Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 AM

Default QQ - $25nl

Villain has been playing at table for about an hour. Limped into some pots hadnt seen him raise with a hand or do anything out of the ordinary.

Given his limp/reraise should i consider a fold as I felt he was probably doing this with AA,KK, AK( as seems usual at this level)? I preferred to call as I was in position.

How should i have played this flop? wasnt sure where i was...given the hand range i put him on i dont know if i should have called his cont bet..but when the Ace hit the turn figured it was time to give up.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $49.67
UTG+1: $13.40
UTG+2: $88.15
MP1: $23.10
MP2: $28
MP3: $23.95
CO: $8.65
Hero: $24.85
SB: $39.20
BB: $19.75

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $5.25</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($11.4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($21.4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP3 is all-in $13.95</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $13.95 returned to MP3.

Results:
Final pot: $21.4
Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: QQ - $25nl

i fold this PF
unless you hit the set(dont get the price for that) you can never really be comfortable

as played either trust your read that you have him beat and shove on the flop or fold.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM

Based on the hand history I'd say he had a medium PP and hit a set. I would have been tempted to push back pre-flop.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the hand history I'd say he had a medium PP and hit a set. I would have been tempted to push back pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're beat pf, dump it and find easier prey!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has been playing at table for about an hour. Limped into some pots hadnt seen him raise with a hand or do anything out of the ordinary.

Given his limp/reraise should i consider a fold as I felt he was probably doing this with AA,KK, AK( as seems usual at this level)? I preferred to call as I was in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he didn't do anything overly aggressive for an hour, i think you can put him on mostly AA/KK, sometimes AK on his limp-reraise. With his stack size, you can't profitably play your QQ for set value, so your best move is to fold preflop.

Also note the size of his flop bet. I practically ensures that if you call that, you'll call the all-in on the turn. The A is actually a bad card for him, i think.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:25 AM

How many people limp with AA after two other people? I'd more more likely to put him on AA if he limp/rr from early position.

I've seen this play many times with 66-99.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:45 AM

Really? He puts in 20% of his stack. If he plays this for set value only, he'll lose even if hero pays him off every single time. If he doesn't, he'll lose his stack very often to a bigger pair, since he has to think that hero's reraise calling range is tilted heavily towards big pairs.

I see adrenalin junkies, after having heard "22 is actually a favourite over AK" on TV too often, trying to stack off with just about any pocket pair, but they usually play short stacked, and they like to to the pushing. They don't reraise for a fifth of their chips and then await the reshove.

And as OP noted, this guy has been sitting there for an hour and not done anything stupid yet.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? He puts in 20% of his stack. If he plays this for set value only, he'll lose even if hero pays him off every single time. If he doesn't, he'll lose his stack very often to a bigger pair, since he has to think that hero's reraise calling range is tilted heavily towards big pairs.

I see adrenalin junkies, after having heard "22 is actually a favourite over AK" on TV too often, trying to stack off with just about any pocket pair, but they usually play short stacked, and they like to to the pushing. They don't reraise for a fifth of their chips and then await the reshove.

And as OP noted, this guy has been sitting there for an hour and not done anything stupid yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the short stack is more likely to do this, and I can't say he doesn't have AA, but given that he limped behind two other people I'm just making the point that I don't think we can auto assume he has AA and not give him a wider range.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:19 PM

El Dumpo
Old 05-14-2007, 12:38 PM

I guess normally i would lay this down preflop but its interesting to note the possibility of 66-99.The table was quite passive without much preflop raising. Hence villain couldnt have been sure that the pot would have been raised behind..and therefore I assume more likely to raise with AA, KK, AK after a couple of limpers.