Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Official $650 WSOP ME Sat

[ QUOTE ]
Rowdy was all-in due to the blinds. I don't know what happened with joni.

[/ QUOTE ]

They both were allin b/c of the blinds. Rowdy started hand w/ more chips.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:22 AM

1st post here. squeaked into the seat in this satellite being shortstacked and outside the top 30 most of the bubble period.. play on stars as newwavepoker. feel really lucky to get seat.. grateful to shaundeeb (who's from the same area as me) for folding to some of my desparation bubble allins and brsavage for givin me a very timely walk on my bb right before bubble burst, prob. bored from stealin all my other bb's. anyways, a question for the non-internet pro's or not high bankrolled folk, are some of you who win these pkgs going to pocket the money? i'm pretty sure i'm going to buy in to the wsop with this, but not entirely sure, as my b.r. isn't huge or anything.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st post here. squeaked into the seat in this satellite being shortstacked and outside the top 30 most of the bubble period.. play on stars as newwavepoker. feel really lucky to get seat.. grateful to shaundeeb (who's from the same area as me) for folding to some of my desparation bubble allins and brsavage for givin me a very timely walk on my bb right before bubble burst, prob. bored from stealin all my other bb's. anyways, a question for the non-internet pro's or not high bankrolled folk, are some of you who win these pkgs going to pocket the money? i'm pretty sure i'm going to buy in to the wsop with this, but not entirely sure, as my b.r. isn't huge or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an internet pro, but it takes a hell of a bankroll to buy into the WSOP direct. Probably 1% of the people who play it will have an appropriate roll. Truthfully if it weren't for the $1000 Stars will pay you to wear their clothing, I wouldn't be able to justify buying into it myself. It is a hell of a lot of fun, though, and if you're any good, it's very profitable (though high variance) opportunity.

Congratulations and good luck!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an internet pro, but it takes a hell of a bankroll to buy into the WSOP direct. Probably 1% of the people who play it will have an appropriate roll. Truthfully if it weren't for the $1000 Stars will pay you to wear their clothing, I wouldn't be able to justify buying into it myself. It is a hell of a lot of fun, though, and if you're any good, it's very profitable (though high variance) opportunity.

Congratulations and good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

If Stars didn't add the extra 1k this forum would probably pay it to you anyway so we get to read more trip reports.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:26 AM

thx for the input, foucault. i think i was on your table
for a bit last nite. anyways, i'm def. not an internet pro.. more like a dannenman-type home game dude, work full time running a family engineering/surveying business, so my non-poker bankroll is fine. but i def. keep it separate and my poker bankroll is pretty meek. always been a dream to play a 10k live event, though.. i've only played 2 live 1k t-stone events and a few 1k online events. i'm also considering using the money to buy into a foxwoods or borgata wpt event which is closer to me.. instead of the wsop. would anyone with
experience be able to recommend one or the other?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the input, foucault. i think i was on your table
for a bit last nite. anyways, i'm def. not an internet pro.. more like a dannenman-type home game dude, work full time running a family engineering/surveying business, so my non-poker bankroll is fine. but i def. keep it separate and my poker bankroll is pretty meek. always been a dream to play a 10k live event, though.. i've only played 2 live 1k t-stone events and a few 1k online events. i'm also considering using the money to buy into a foxwoods or borgata wpt event which is closer to me.. instead of the wsop. would anyone with
experience be able to recommend one or the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played either of those events, but I'm damn near certain the WSOP would be a better experience and more profitable, especially with the 1K "overlay" Stars will give you for wearing a hat. There are just a lot more fish in the main event than in any other 10K, there's a lot more excitement around it, etc.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG collusion conspiracy theory!!! gogogo
Old 05-14-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If Stars didn't add the extra 1k this forum would probably pay it to you anyway so we get to read more trip reports.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Also, congrats Faucault. Just wandered over here today and saw the win, very nice.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 AM
 is offline

Congrats guys. I really need to play this tourney again to win another seat. These bubbles sound atrocious.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats guys. I really need to play this tourney again to win another seat. These bubbles sound atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

this bubble was much easier then when I won my 1st seat 95% of the players played close to optimal and once we got to 40ish we got down to 33 really fast and there were 5 shorties and everyone else was safe. So it was quite easy.