Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Neteller hacked - money shipped to poker.com

This may be obvious, but I think all Australians should change their passwords immediately on all their accounts. There are reports of this on multiple forums.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Neteller hacked - money shipped to poker.com

Mitch,

No updates yet, although my mate was informed investigations don't work weekends.

PaulG,

good advice. I got a copy of KeePass, and to be honest am a bit embarrassed I hadn't got it sooner
Old 05-14-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Neteller

Hi,

CarbonPoker.com does not accept Australian customers and is in no way responsible for any account fraud via the NETeller payment system. As "hackers" may have tried to use several poker rooms as a means to defraud NETeller accounts, it is still NETeller that is ultimately responsible for these claims. While we are certainly concerned about and are actively looking to stop any fraud in our poker room your first course of action, if you were affected by this scam, should be to contact NETeller.

Ellen
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 AM

My reply to this garbage that ellen said is here:

http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/vi...2&start=25
Old 05-14-2007, 05:32 AM

This Carbonpoker statement is really frightening.
So they are saying, they don't care from where the money comes and where it goes.
Doesn't the Carbonpoker account e-mail have to match the Neteller account E-mail?
You are saying there are no security messures at all who deposits and who withdraws?
If so its a perfect place for moneylaundring.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This Carbonpoker statement is really frightening.
So they are saying, they don't care from where the money comes and where it goes.
Doesn't the Carbonpoker account e-mail have to match the Neteller account E-mail?
You are saying there are no security messures at all who deposits and who withdraws?
If so its a perfect place for moneylaundring.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is!!!

PASS THE BUCK!!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

CarbonPoker.com does not accept Australian customers and is in no way responsible for any account fraud via the NETeller payment system. As "hackers" may have tried to use several poker rooms as a means to defraud NETeller accounts, it is still NETeller that is ultimately responsible for these claims. While we are certainly concerned about and are actively looking to stop any fraud in our poker room your first course of action, if you were affected by this scam, should be to contact NETeller.

Ellen

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I remember (Carbon)Poker.com was a classy site with great customer service when I played there. Nothing classy or great about this reply, though.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:46 PM

Just got a mail from Neteller. They reinstated my account to its previous balance!!! Man I am glad!
Hope things will clear up for you too guys! Best wishes!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:47 PM

An appalling customer statement and as others have said passing the buck. Here is an example of how not to issue a statement to protect your brand.

Disgraceful!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 PM

If you know how it all works, the Carbon statement isn't really that bad... They could have made it a bit more friendly though. The replies I got from all of the rooms were quite similar and I wouldn't be surprised if NETeller tells them what to say. One room even said they cannot discuss anything due to a non-disclosure agreement with NETeller, which is common when money laundering etc may be involved.

In good news, NETeller have also said they will re-instate my balance and that my password was compromised. Which means someone had my a/c number and secure id already.... Which means there is a leak somewhere... I hope NETeller can link all these cases together and nail the bastard to the wall that is doing this.