Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 05:03 AM

Default clear fold or call down?

Villain is 53/0/0.41 over 47 hands
no special reads

considering his low AF, should the turn(or even flop after his 3bet???) be a clear fold because i might be behind 2pair,trips or a full?

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
Old 05-14-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: clear fold or call down?

I call this...not much ypu can do...those guys freak sometimes out with K2 or worse...I dont see why you checked the Flop though
Old 05-14-2007, 05:17 AM

if BB is reasonably likely to fold, i would raise pf and try to isolate the fish. if you know BB is never gonna fold, completing is fine.

as for turn...meh, he is pretty passive, but with only 50 hands i probably call down and take a note. you sometimes have some split outs if you're behind, and it's not entirely impossible that he is doing something weird here.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:18 AM

Hm, checked the flop, cause the board is only slightly drawy and i like checkraising.
But i guess it is wrong and that is a spot to always bet for value/not give freecards, right?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:33 AM

with that button bet the Flop for value and protection...c/r makes only sense if you know someone will bet
Old 05-14-2007, 09:56 AM

call down
Old 05-14-2007, 12:55 PM

we don't really mind if it gets checked through here. giving a free card in this tiny pot is only a small mistake, especially here where there is only 1 overcard to our pair. if villains pick up a pair or draw on the turn they will make big -EV moves by paying us off.

we don't miss value from worse pairs because they will most likely bet, letting us c/r.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM

i bet anyway because they will even call with some crap wich they might fold to c/r...also say the both have A high&gt; vs them you almost always miss 2 smallbets when it gets checked trough because will hardly fold anbything except they know what a donk from you means but if theyre loose passive like the Button just bet out...going for a c/r vs passive callingstations is a bad plan in my book
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 PM

The turn is a good card for you since you beat K4 now and hes unlikely to have middle pair after the flop action. I call down. Also, the flop checkraise is a fine play, and I tend to mix it up. Id prefer a more aggressive villain for this play however.