Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul being ousted by Fox - Needs your help NOW

Sent
Old 05-12-2007, 02:24 PM

What is the reason Fox gives for excluding him?
Old 05-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Great article about Ron Paul by Paul Joseph Watson:

Only Ron Paul Can Defeat Hillary Clinton
Old 05-12-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This happens every debate season. Sponsors want to cut the field down to only include those candidates with a realistic shot of winning. That way, the questions can presumably be addressed in greater depth by the folks who are most likely to matter.

The last Republican debate had something on the order of 10 candidates, so a lot of the questions were things like "I want all of you who agree with this to raise your hands."

So it's a tough decision under the current debate structure. We either lose most of the interesting folks, or we lose most of the interesting questions/answers. Understandably, debate sponsors want to ensure that there's some interesting content.

As a libertarian, I like Ron Paul quite a bit, obviously. But even I am unlikely to tune in merely to watch him raise his hand!
Old 05-12-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This happens every debate season. Sponsors want to cut the field down to only include those candidates with a realistic shot of winning. That way, the questions can presumably be addressed in greater depth by the folks who are most likely to matter.

The last Republican debate had something on the order of 10 candidates, so a lot of the questions were things like "I want all of you who agree with this to raise your hands."

So it's a tough decision under the current debate structure. We either lose most of the interesting folks, or we lose most of the interesting questions/answers. Understandably, debate sponsors want to ensure that there's some interesting content.

As a libertarian, I like Ron Paul quite a bit, obviously. But even I am unlikely to tune in merely to watch him raise his hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, watch it. I saw the last debate. He was quite good.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, watch it. I saw the last debate. He was quite good.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, just to be honest - I'll watch every freaking televised debate I can find, even if it's some low-level office in some far-off region. I'm a political junkie. Unfortunately, I was traveling on business during the debate; maybe I can find it on CSPAN.

Anyway, good to hear that Paul got a chance to show his stuff. I'll look forward to seeing it.

My larger comments are for the viewing public at large, of course.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:23 AM

This guy seems AWESOME. I hope he wins so I can be proud to live in America again.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:32 AM

Done, it's a worthy cause, even if Fox are 50-1 to listen to the clamour of emails.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:01 PM

Looks like Ron Paul is now in.

[ QUOTE ]
The three frontrunners and seven other Republicans vying for the 2008 nomination will all get their chance Tuesday night to leave their impressions on primary voters. Appearing on stage with the frontrunners at USC's Koger Center for the Arts are Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, California Rep. Duncan Hunter, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo and former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270812,00.html
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM

Is there a thread, official or not, for the debate going right now? I'm watching it and Ron Paul is kicking serious ass. There was an audible murmur among the crowd when he said he wanted to get rid of the department of education and department of homeland security.