Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Help me get the cheaters banned from WSOP-events

[ QUOTE ]
How about if Dutch Boyd can still play in the WSOP, you aren't going to get ZJ kicked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So forget about ZJ, let's say they make it clear that from now on it leads to this consequence?
Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am planning to contact the WSOP organisation in order to make them work together with the sites, to establish a blacklist, to get Zeejustin and other cheaters banned for life from entering WSOP-tournaments. (I will give JJProdigy the benefit of the doubt due to his young age and immaturity (for him thus the punishment would be too harsh) The reason I will do this, is that I think it will deter people from cheating as playing in WSOP is a dream for many online tourney players. Reasons I have found so far for WSOP taking these steps:
-publicity regarding a cheater playing in the WSOP-tournies will damage the image of the WSOP-tournies
-publicity regarding a cheater placing high in the WSOP-tournies may lead to players questioning the integrity of the WSOP-tournies, thus leading to a lower turnout.
-lifetime banning will be a strong signal to send to the player community that no cheating online is tolerated, thus more players are inclined to play online satelites, thus leading to higher turn out.

Any other reasons I can use?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about -

- It could be detrimental to the health of the cheater to be in the same building as thousands of people he ripped off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said *claps*
Old 02-25-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Re: My Statement

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shaniac,

I only play a couple tourneys a year so it really doesn't affect me. But your refusal to out known cheaters is somewhat of a cheat by you since you know when to be leary of such a multiple presence on a table but other 2+2'ers here don't. So you benefit by that knowlege and refuse the benefit of it to them, as well as the benefit of stopping it.

Plus most importantly, your inaction is what enables those cheaters to continue cheating and damage the reputation of online poker for integrity that we all depend upon to garner a stream of newer players.

Shame on you for your cowardice.

And note that I am not condemning the practice of multiple accounts for the purpose of masking one's play from dataminers when such a person with same never attempts to login on more than one account at a time and play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call it cowardice if you like, but I never have and never will go out of my way to burn someone. In case I didn't make it clear (and maybe this is cowardice, or spinelessness), I let people convince me that the practice of multiplayering was actually okay. It was so widespread, I assumed everyone was on the inside, and by virtue of my non-participation I was on the outside and would one day need to catch up. As I said like 12 pages ago in this thread, I am happy that multi-accounting has been established as a clear wrong ("cheating") and that my ethical gut-reaction to it has been justified. I'm sorry if you think I'm a coward or a lowlife, but I don't answer to you or your moral authority.

All I can do is what I believe what curtains was trying to do--convince people that it was clearly wrong and let them argue otherwise. But I'm not sure what world you live in where someone reveals a secret to you in confidence, you tell them you disagree with it, then turn around and drop a dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane,

Has the series of events dissuaded your friends to stop multi-accounting? Have you talked to them in the last 24 hours about ZJ debacle? I am curious to see how these cheats or unethical players, however you view them, react to the outing and resulting loss of funds if they do in fact are caught multi-playing tournaments.

Will they stop multi-accounting MTTs now?

Mack
Old 02-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Are you talking live play or online?

Online I think it should be pretty much anything that violates the T&C's. Live is a lot more complicated. Chip placement, signaling, cheating "devices," card marking. Then there are all the procedural skirting angles. I really don't have the time to go into it and probably you should ask a pitt boss who works the poker room because they know more and see more.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Thread Summary and Attempted Redirection

[ QUOTE ]
I should've worded what I was meaning better.

He is worthy of blame. I'm saying that blaming him doesn't really have a point.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I might presume to elaborate on your point, ZeeJustin said in his statement: "Most of us are too greedy to pass up money that easy." To many this is an easy question of right and wrong and it should not be at all difficult for an individual to pass up easy money when it is gained unethically or illegally. But, I think ZeeJustin is right that in today's society it is hard to pass up easy money even if it is the result of corruption. Today's society does not put the same stigma on corruption as it did 50 years ago; it has become more acceptable. I agree with Strassa2 that not only should we be looking to blame ZeeJustin, but we ought to examine the bigger picture.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: My Statement

[ QUOTE ]
ZJ,

You should hire a criminal defense lawyer, and stop making statements. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that statement was terrible form ZJ's point of view. He shouldn't say anything without contacting a lawyer. If he was completely innocent he could make a statement without that.

First of all, he admits to the accusation. Then he makes the bizarre claim that he opened up a bunch of SNGs when he was at the same to table as himself and this somehow prevented him from colluding with himself. Then he says Party could sieze other people's accounts if they are using Rakeback.

What ZeeJustin and JJProdigy did were not the most serious forms of cheating. There are some questions about how Party handled this. First they had a bug in theor software that allowed the multiaccounting with one computer and IP address. Secondly, they did not catch people doing this until complaints were brought about tournament winners. Thirdly, they siezed all funds in the players' accounts. If I was ZJ's lawyer there is an argument I could make.

While I don't think he can make any sort of legal case or there is any civil or criminal case likely to be made against him, he still would be better off not making statements without consulting an attorney.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin the next to get caught multi accounting Party MTTs

Do you see why?
Old 02-25-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Thread Summary and Attempted Redirection

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should've worded what I was meaning better.

He is worthy of blame. I'm saying that blaming him doesn't really have a point.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I might presume to elaborate on your point, ZeeJustin said in his statement: "Most of us are too greedy to pass up money that easy." To many this is an easy question of right and wrong and it should not be at all difficult for an individual to pass up easy money when it is gained unethically or illegally. But, I think ZeeJustin is right that in today's society it is hard to pass up easy money even if it is the result of corruption. Today's society does not put the same stigma on corruption as it did 50 years ago; it has become more acceptable. I agree with Strassa2 that not only should we be looking to blame ZeeJustin, but we ought to examine the bigger picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but there's no big picture here. There has always been greed, corruption, etc., and it has always been unacceptable. Cheating is wrong. He cheated. He knew he was cheating. No excuses. People are correctly upset about it. End of story.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:38 PM

All ZeeJustin's "apology" was missing was questions regarding the definition of the word "is." Clearly ZJ has a future in politics.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All ZeeJustin's "apology" was missing was questions regarding the definition of the word "is." Clearly ZJ has nofuture in politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Do you see why?
Closed Thread