Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: PS 5/10 with JJ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has you on squeezing value with an AK river raise, I insta call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, that he wouldn't run a big bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it's possible, but it would be practically suicide considering how strong I look.

FWIW he shoved the river without much thought.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 AM

Despite his stats ALLIN9865 is definitely capable of just calling AQ pf here esp. when deep (and playing it exactly like this on the flop) so I would not be very happy about calling here. I think he'll have broadway or the Qh9h straight a lot of the time so its a very aggravating spot, but this guy is pretty aggro and pounces on situations where one could well be weak so I'd probably be calling for peace of mind, since a lower set is also still within his range, although I think he is betting the turn with that a lot of the time. This is really close, maybe leaning towards a fold after further consideration.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think most players are incapable of shoving another 200BBs on the river in lieu of the action without a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know allin that good, but i think he is definitly one thats capable of

played a really similar hand with him yesterday where i was quite sure he used the big stacks to bluff me off (cause i got a nitty image), jez i wish ive had the set there

on this hand, i dont think he would play a set or anything with decent showdown value like this. its either a straight or a bluff, and the more nitty/straightforward you are the more likely a bluff becomes imo. just ask yourself if he might think he'll get you off jjj here

id callllll, but as i said im one people like big bluffs against
Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think most players are incapable of shoving another 200BBs on the river in lieu of the action without a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know allin that good, but i think he is definitly one thats capable of

played a really similar hand with him yesterday where i was quite sure he used the big stacks to bluff me off (cause i got a nitty image), jez i wish ive had the set there

on this hand, i dont think he would play a set or anything with decent showdown value like this. its either a straight or a bluff, and the more nitty/straightforward you are the more likely a bluff becomes imo. just ask yourself if he might think he'll get you off jjj here

id callllll, but as i said im one people like big bluffs against

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not very nitty or straightfoward, and I doubt he ever thinks he could, or would try to get me off JJ here.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has you on squeezing value with an AK river raise, I insta call.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. From his point of view ur hand is relatively defined as 88-JJ AT ish in value judging from the previous action and hes a good enough player to push u off thin value with a medium strength made hand.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:09 PM

ALLIN is pretty crazy but I still doubt he would push here without a straight. It would be an easier fold, though, if you had raised a little more. As played, I probably call, but I def think it's close.