Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Turned straight with redraw in steal situation

Full tilt 3/6, 9 handed, SB is 19/14/4.8 after 220 hands, BB is 37/4/.75 after 25 hands.

Preflop: folded to Hero on button who raises w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB caps, Hero calls.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hero calls.

Comments on all streets welcome, thank you.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Turned straight with redraw in steal situation

i'm not a big fan of raising with K-Q offsuit, even with that position.

on the flop I would check it through. i don't think there's much of everyone dropping.

turn and river are fine.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:15 AM

ill, it's folded to us on the button, raising any two is profitable online as a blind steal, and kq is a monster. i raise kq utg online. i know your live games are different.

nif--i play it the exact same on every street.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 AM

There seems to be a problem with the OP HH. SB folds at the flop and then comes back. You're HU at the turn, right? Beyond this we need to know what stats we should attach to the guy who is raising and reraising us at the turn.

Against unknowns...

I think preflop is good. Anything other than raising is no good IMO. In the games I play I raise KQo UTG.

On the flop I think the bet is good. Sometimes (though rarely) I think you can take it down here. I think we have an equity edge over these two guys with our open-ender, over cards, and flush potential. Also, you can sometimes take a free card at the turn. For these reasons I would also raise the flop if it had been bet to me.

Yeah, I think we can play the straight very aggressively at the turn. When he caps, we can worry about the flush.

I think you should call the river, and I would bet-call if checked to.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 AM

KQo is a mandatory raise when it's folded to you on the Button. It's a standard openraise from any position, although I can deal with folding it in EP if you're not that comfortable playing OOP postflop. In fact, if SB were just a wee bit more aggressive and/or I knew that he resteals with a wide range, I would have capped it preflop.

The flop is also an insanely easy bet when it's checked to you. If SB check/raises we don't really care as we have 8 outs to a probable winning hand + the BDFD, and him knocking BB out could well buy us more outs.

I play the turn & river the same (I assume you mean BB when you show the raise & cap). On the turn I think it's very likely that we are ahead of a lower straight or freerolling against the same hand, enough at least to 3bet. When he caps there, any river card save the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a flat call/bet if checked to.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ill, it's folded to us on the button, raising any two is profitable online as a blind steal, and kq is a monster. i raise kq utg online. i know your live games are different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different how? I can't envisage a game where I would open fold KQ on the button.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not a big fan of raising with K-Q offsuit, even with that position.

on the flop I would check it through. i don't think there's much of everyone dropping.

turn and river are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not raise KQ from the button when you have position and most likely the best hand?

surely you arent suggesting folding it? Thats horribly weak tight imo.

i also doubt that someone has a flush. it would be a very strange play that the SB would not C-bet a flush draw on the flop after his preflop 3 bet. thus to me his most likely holding is a slow-played (poorly, i might add) set of jacks or tens.