Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: One night in Portland

Stars!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Check out Club Portland on 12th and stark.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:25 PM

lol
Old 05-13-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arizone, I think we can both agree Sunday is not a great night for P-Town.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, Memorial Day is the next day. I hope things will be a little more interesting than the usual Sunday night.

Thanks for the replies. The McMenamins mentioned above is a definite possibility. I have heard a lot about them and would like to see if it's true that a brewpub chain can actually make interesting beer. And it's nice to know that if the urge to hit up a strip joint strikes us there is good talent there to choose from.

Has anyone ever been to the Laurelwood Public House or the Horse Brass Pub? I did some poking around on a beer website and these are both highly regarded.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arizone, I think we can both agree Sunday is not a great night for P-Town.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, Memorial Day is the next day. I hope things will be a little more interesting than the usual Sunday night.

Thanks for the replies. The McMenamins mentioned above is a definite possibility. I have heard a lot about them and would like to see if it's true that a brewpub chain can actually make interesting beer. And it's nice to know that if the urge to hit up a strip joint strikes us there is good talent there to choose from.

Has anyone ever been to the Laurelwood Public House or the Horse Brass Pub? I did some poking around on a beer website and these are both highly regarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Horse Brass is great, but for someone visiting, it's not the easiest to get to.

Portland is a great city, I really enjoy living here, but it isn't even close to a place I'd recommend people need to visit. This thread pretty much shows why; people can't recommend anything to do except go to strip clubs.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Go to the Magic Garden in China Town. You will not be disappointed.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people can't recommend anything to do except go to strip clubs

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, he's coming here on a sunday, you can't tell him to go check out Multnomah Falls or something.

Horse Brass Pub is a cool, English bar. They have tons of quality ales and good food. It is a bit far from downtown too. I wouldn't advise checking it out, unless you just want to sit down and talk. They have some dart boards, but not much else.

PhatT, the McMenamins are nice. If you are downtown, go to the Blue Moon on 21st and Glisan or Ringlers on Burnside. I was just at the Rogue Public House last night, its on 14th. They have some tasty, tasty beers. I had a 11% Imperial Stout last night.

I didn't realize you were going to be here for Memorial Day weekend. yeah the bars should be somewhat busy on that Sunday. Luckily for you, our weather is starting to improve.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Rialto is a great bar/pool hall right downtown (4th and Washington, I think). They recently remodeled the whole place and it went from being a dark, seedy pool hall right out of the Hustler, to a nice, clean, shiny place. I think I liked it better the other way, but it's still a fun place to go and it definitely attracts cuter girls now than it used to.

[/ QUOTE ] I was at the Rialto a few months ago. It is a big pool hall, but I wasn't impressed enough to spend time there. Uptown Billiards Club on 23rd, right off of Burnside has probably the nicest pool tables I have ever seen in a bar. Amazing to play on.

Also, I just realized, if OP does go to the Rialto, Greek Cusina is right down the street (big Octopus hanging from the building). They have some nice food and usually its pretty cracking. Belly Dancers as well.

OP could pretty much stagger around downtown with his boy and find reputable bars all over the place.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:17 PM

THINGS TO DO IN PORTLAND

1- Find Ed Furlong

2- Follow him around

3- Bask in awesomeness
Old 05-14-2007, 01:28 PM

Does this involve following Ed to Club Portland?