Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Re: The demise of Gigabet

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happened with the sng challenge, did people ever get their money back?

[/ QUOTE ]

details pls.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:38 AM

If Gigabet went bust and borrowed money and has been slow to pay back the money. I don't see anything in that context being fraudualent I know many of the online poker players, have not been exposed to this side of the gambling scene. It is not uncommon, I have lent money to many gamblers, some I misjudged their level of expertise and others I knew they'd lose the money back, but felt sorry for them. With Gigabet, he would fit in the category of a winning long term player and any money owed, would get paid back, how long that would take depends on his debt level.

When a person is desperate, he might tell small lies, I wouldn't base whether or not if that happened, on the chances of being paid back. I am great friends with a gambler that has made more than 2 million a year, for the last decade. Before that when he had not perfected money management skills, he would lie out his teeth and do whatever it took to get his bankroll back, but he was damn good and we always got repaid and we'd all laugh together at the lies.

Most great gamblers become action junkies. They might have an edge in one area, but will blow back all or a large portion of it, on games they have no edge in.

Anybody that plays craps, blackjack (unless you are card counting)and betting on any sporting event where they have no control in( some can do this, but 99.99% will be losers), they are subject to go broke.

Phil Ivey plays high stakes craps, why? If he'd have stuck to high stakes poker, I bet you he'd have had enough money to bust Beal himself. T.J. Cloutier, Stu Ungar, Tuan Lee, Matusow, etc. They all play games where they have no edge, yet most of them have genius level I.Q.s.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions that Gigabet is a crook, he knows he will be around the poker scene for a long time. People will know where he is at and I'd bet that everyone will get paid back. This is just all part of the gambling scene, this is what happens, many, many times. Some people just haven't been exposed to the scene long enough. Don't ever lend another gambler money, if you need that money back asap,it doesn't matter how fast they say you will get repaid. Don't lend money to anyone you know, who is not good and don't ever ask for a loan, unless you are prepared to lend that player back that amount of money. So don't go asking loans from bad players. What will happen is, you will get a loan from them and then loan them back and you will never see it again.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happened with the sng challenge, did people ever get their money back?

[/ QUOTE ]

details pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gigabet made a prop bet with Lacky (another STTFer) that starting with $165 he could play 100 $11's,22's, 33's, 55's,109's, 215's. Without going bust at any point. Lacky got a consortium to put up $10,000 on the condition Giga would give them his Hand Histories. So many players thought of it as purchasing the hand histories instead of making a bet. Anyhow with the new Party structure change he cannot complete all of the sng's, so they need to figure out if the challenge can be completed, and if so where and how.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not yet, that accounts for around $10,000 split up from quite a few people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Lacky collected that money, not Giga. Most people were also quite upfront about the fact that they were essentially paying for access to the mighty Giga's HH, which they at least partially got. Whether this muddies the waters is unclear to me. Giga would still owe people whatever fraction of $10k was raised upon failure to complete the challenge. (The more I think about this, the more it doesn't really seem unclear at all, actually.) There has also been some confusion, I believe, about what the outcome should be now that the SNG structure has changed.

Regardless of what else Giga may have done, I think this is not something you can stick him with. Yet, anyway. Or perhaps I'm just ignorant of the facts. Anyway, I'm all for the general push of less idolatry and more thinking.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:56 PM

Who will drop the gigabomb?
Old 02-25-2006, 03:10 PM

I LIKA LIKA TACO TACO MMM SOO GOOOD...... ANDERE! ARIBA! ANDERE ARIBA! AYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAAY AY MENG AYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYA YOU GOT SOME COCAINE MENG?
GIVE ME DRUGS!

ok lets here it whats the deal here? i want to know!
Old 02-25-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not yet, that accounts for around $10,000 split up from quite a few people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Lacky collected that money, not Giga. Most people were also quite upfront about the fact that they were essentially paying for access to the mighty Giga's HH, which they at least partially got. Whether this muddies the waters is unclear to me. Giga would still owe people whatever fraction of $10k was raised upon failure to complete the challenge. (The more I think about this, the more it doesn't really seem unclear at all, actually.) There has also been some confusion, I believe, about what the outcome should be now that the SNG structure has changed.

Regardless of what else Giga may have done, I think this is not something you can stick him with. Yet, anyway. Or perhaps I'm just ignorant of the facts. Anyway, I'm all for the general push of less idolatry and more thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need MOOOOOOORE! It is your freakin duty to unearth the truth... We need to know whether Gigabet is good or bad. NO MORE COVER UPS
Old 02-25-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We need MOOOOOOORE! It is your freakin duty to unearth the truth... We need to know whether Gigabet is good or bad. NO MORE COVER UPS

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 02-26-2006, 03:50 AM

I'm disappointed in this thread.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:52 AM

El Diablo refered to the ZeeJustin scandal. Can somone fill me in what's happend to ZeeJustin?