Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 12:11 PM

Default 50NL: TT Reraised - Blind v. Blind - 250BB Deep

I haven't played much no limit at all in the last year or so...my main game is 7CS Stud so help me out here guys.

Read: The villian in this hand has played pretty tight overall and has avoided pots with me except in these blind v. blind situations. He's reraised me a few times now when I have raised from the small blind with hands like A10, 55, and some other Ax type hands. I've folded the weak aces, flat called with the 55 and folded a scary flop, and I think I reraised with the A10 and he flat called/folded flop.

Here's the hand...what's my river line here? Ok up to the river or reraise preflop and/or bet more on turn? Playing deep with another deep stack just throws me off completely.

My image at the table is very aggressive, I've been 3-betting light in position but I have always been showing down the best hand.

Holdem No Limit $0.50 - 2007-05-13 11:31:46 (ET)
Table: BOTSWANA HWY (Real Money) Seat #2 is the dealer

Seat 2 - (20.20 in chips)
HERO - ($150.05 in chips)
VILLIAN -($142.69 in chips)
Seat 5 - ($58.90 in chips)
Seat 6 - ($69.05 in chips)
Seat 1 - ($9.85 in chips)

HERO - Posts small blind $0.25
VILLIAN - Posts big blind $0.50

*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
four folds
HERO - Raises $1.25 to $1.50
VILIAN - Raises $4 to $4.50
HERO - Calls $3

*** FLOP *** ($9.00)
[J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

HERO - Checks
VILIAN - Bets $6
HERO - Raises $15 to $15
VILIAN - Calls $9

*** TURN *** ($39.00)
[J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

HERO - Bets $15
VILLIAN - Calls $15

*** RIVER *** (69.00)
[J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

HERO ????
Old 05-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: 50NL: TT Reraised - Blind v. Blind - 250BB Deep

I don't have a ton of experience playing in spots like this but what are you trying to represent here? I'd much prefer a 4bet to like $16 preflop if villan has been playign back at you and knows your sb opening range is wide (it probably should be much wider than 22+, Ax+ vs a tight villan).

Also, just calling his 3bet and c/c flop and turn might be a better line. I'm interested in others' thoughts.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: 50NL: TT Reraised - Blind v. Blind - 250BB Deep

I like yoru pf, seems standard. I think I'd bet/fold that flop. If you bet out, you can often get high cards to fold, whereas a tight player will take a AA-JJ and most likely reraise you. You probably fold out middle pairs like 99-88 and overcards like AK,AQ,KQ.

If you are going to checkraise to try to snap off his bet, pls checkraise more. As the pot stands, he is calling 9 dollars into a pot that is 39 dollars on the turn. Why the hell would'nt he call? You have to make your raise big enough to scare him off. 9/39 is not cutting it. Raise to about 25 if you want to use this line. It's not a bad line necessarily, although i like bet/fold better. But you have to raise harder if you want to raise.