Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Personal experiences with ghosts

I'd like to know if anyone on this forum has had a personal, real life experience with a ghost. I personally have not, but I know many who claim they have. A handful of these people, my wife for example, are intelligent, sane, and credible people in my estimation.

If you have had an experience with the paranormal, and you feel confident you weren't imagining, please share the details of the experience.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Personal experiences with ghosts

My buddy died from having a fan in his room, sometime I see him in mirrors and stuff.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:50 PM

Seven years ago, my mom died on a Tuesday night. She lived upstairs of my sister in a mother/daughter house. That Tuesday night, my sister was in the backyard and noticed an orange glow rising above the house. The next day, we found out my mom died. While the paramedics were over, my niece was in the backyard playing waiting for her other grandmother to come over and pick her up. We didn't see my niece for about 5 or 6 days while the funeral and everything took place. Anyway, afterwords my niece comes back and my sister is telling her how she has a new gaurdian angel and everything. My niece says,"I know, Grammy told me.". My sister asks her what she means. My niece then tells her while she was out in the backyard playing that Wed. morning, there was an orange glow above the house and it turned into the shape of my mom and she smiled at my niece. Now my sister had told us she had seen an orange glow on Tues. night, but that was a day or two after my niece had already left. There was no way she knew my sister saw a glow as well. My niece was 5 or 6 at the time, so it's not like she just made the story up.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know if anyone on this forum has had a personal, real life experience with a ghost. I personally have not, but I know many who claim they have. A handful of these people, my wife for example, are intelligent, sane, and credible people in my estimation.

If you have had an experience with the paranormal, and you feel confident you weren't imagining, please share the details of the experience.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of stuff, like religion, has no necessary tie to intelligence or lack of it. No reason to be surprised it's an intelligent person believing something.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of stuff, like religion, has no necessary tie to intelligence or lack of it. No reason to be surprised it's an intelligent person believing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intelligent people (which i would assume a lot of 2+2ers could be accused of being) are usually skeptical of people stupider than they asserting things. So to hear a person you credit with high intelligence and sensibility talking of such concepts, one naturally assigns them a tad more credibility.

My mum claims to have lived with a ghost. The house Jenny and I share allegedly has a ghost, I've not experienced anything ghostlike.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:47 AM

Some old lady killed herself in my parents bedroom like 30 years ago or something and my house is supposed to be haunted. I have never seen any evidence of it, but my criminally insane neighbor, who puts up tinfoil on his window to protect himself from the aliens, apparently talks to the ghost from my house all the time.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Intelligent people (which i would assume a lot of 2+2ers could be accused of being) are usually skeptical of people stupider than they asserting things.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, especially when the situation is as noted

[ QUOTE ]
So to hear a person you credit with high intelligence and sensibility talking of such concepts, one naturally assigns them a tad more credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

P.S.: Sensibility?
Old 05-13-2007, 01:05 AM

One time my friend was talking about his expierence w/ a wigi board (sp?) and a very religious person over heard us and said "dont even think about messing around w/ that type of thing" He also believes in voodoo doll type stuff (not specifically voodoo doll but ya).

Also he dosnt believe in luck, he believes in coincedence, and God.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:10 AM

No such thing imo. We all live, die, and that is all.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:15 AM

My bro used to work at the Claim Jumper and he swears that the place is, in fact, haunted.