Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: [censored] the bots....When is the [censored] lag gonna be fixed a

[ QUOTE ]

Because the HUD doesn't cause the problem on other sites. And because this phenomenon only happened after they're update a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not an argument; other sites don't have the yellow screen. Of course PAH can be the cause. Also, yellow screen happened to many of us even before the update a few months ago.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because the HUD doesn't cause the problem on other sites. And because this phenomenon only happened after they're update a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not an argument; other sites don't have the yellow screen. Of course PAH can be the cause. Also, yellow screen happened to many of us even before the update a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...its an argument (one damned weak one, I admit). I'm just frustrated and "believe" this is an FTP problem (as has also been suggested by PAHud Josh, who, as far as I know, has never been wrong about anything)
Old 05-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Hehe, yeah, I meant to write "weak". Of course it is a FTP programming error of some kind, but the triggering cause may very well be PAH, PT or any other cpu intensive app.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also setting PT to low priority helps

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to set it up where I don't have manually set the priority every time?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:05 AM

FTP is totally unusable for me even without PT and PAHUD. They took a good thing and ruined it. POS software.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:15 AM

I can see FTP turning into a Paradise Poker. Their CS is bad, the software sucks now (way better before resizing), and Security is a joke. Games are good, so the pros play there.

Guess it's just like Bellagio, service is crap, tables are cramped, too much smoke from the Sports Book, but the games are good, so the pros play there.

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET PEOPLE
Old 05-13-2007, 12:57 PM

I've stopped importing PT while playing but I'm still using PA HUD and it has been managable. Its still laggy but it doesn't usually cause a timeout or anything.
I'm running a core2 duo and 1gb of ram.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hehe, yeah, I meant to write "weak". Of course it is a FTP programming error of some kind, but the triggering cause may very well be PAH, PT or any other cpu intensive app.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. But it's Full Tilt's programmers' responsibility to fix this problem. If they don't think they're losing players because of this, they're wrong.

I wish I could use the pre-table resizing software.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ask FTP and they'll tell you this is the new normal. Lag what lag? It must be your crummy PC? Did FTPDoug even respond to the lag issue? I'm glad I got a newish laptop with a Duo Core and 1GB Ram but I tried playing on my old desktop and yellow screened after 4 tabling. Good job FTP. BTW I will not start my full boycott until after the FTOPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have dual core 2GB ram. Its still horrible for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is weird. I can run 12 tables, pt and pahud with essentially no lag. I'm running a dual core system oc'd to 3.6ghz with 2gb memory. But, this is an older processor and my fsb is less then 200mhz. In terms of raw power the newer core 2 duos should be able to handle this. There has to be some common thread here in terms of the affected systems.

Not to do FTs work for them, but if people experiencing the problem could post detailed systems specs it might be useful in figuring out what is going on.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM

Good idea, LeapFrog. It could be that my system simply needs an upgrade. But its specs aren't too bad.
I run a dual processor system, with each processor at 2.0 ghz. It has 2 GB RAM. I'm not sure about fsb ... according to cpu-z, my "Bus Speed" is 133 mhz and my "Rated FSB" is 266 mhz. Maybe that's too slow?
Any ideas?