*** TURN *** [7d 4c 7h] [5h]
aargn: checks
theseus51: bets 220
aargn: raises 220 to 440
theseus51: calls 220
*** RIVER *** [7d 4c 7h 5h] [2h]
aargn: bets 200
theseus51: ??

I was thinking either move in or just flat call. He had about 500 chips behind. I guess flat calling is the more conservative play. He seemed like a normal player, a bit agressive, but nothing out of line. He might've made a straight or had a full house, just wondering what you all think.

Results in white:
<font color="white">
theseus51: calls 200
*** SHOW DOWN ***
aargn: shows [Jd 7s] (three of a kind, Sevens)
theseus51: shows [7c Ah] (three of a kind, Sevens - Ace kicker)
theseus51 collected 1560 from pot</font>
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: NLTRN - $10 HU

Regardless of results you need to raise more on that turn I think. They might have the straight sometimes, but they will often be drawing to the flush or have weaker trips. Sometimes even pocket pairs pop up in these, but often times draws.

Since he only has 500 behind and you're not folding, there's really no reason to min raise this.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:13 AM

Yeah I haven't read results yet, but I probably shove on the turn and expect to see 76 or 7x a lot, or a bunch of other hands. The times you run into a straight or full house happen, but most of the time you're going to get the rest of the chips in on the river anyway (I guess not this time) if he has you beat, so might as well get it in on the turn for the times you have him beat.

btw, I don't think a flush draw is much of his range, but a hand that picked up a straight draw on the turn like 46 or 76 is a big part. If this did turn out to be backdoor flush, that's pretty unlucky, not much you can do, and I still think shoving the turn or raising the river is a pretty good line here most of the time.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:46 PM

ya I'd push the turn cause its only 10 bux. But calling is also not so bad because if he's bluffing then he would have to put an additional big bluff bet on the river and you also minimize your losses. I know sometimes when you get raised like this you just feel like he has the straight. sometimes he will and someties he'll have a worse 7. When he min raises on the turn i wouldnt think that he's bluffing because you bet 80 on the flop and then 220 on the turn. it takes a pretty good hand to come over the top at this point or a lot of imagination. but since you figure him for a regular player then i dont think its a bluff. The weird thing that throws me off is the 200 on the river. Now it looks like a bluff to me at this point. why 200? Allin should be the standard play for any real hand, trips or better. So 200 seems like a bluff. But calling is the correct play i think on the river because he might have you beat and if he's bluffing he's just gonna fold anyway. no value in moving in i think unless he has a worse 7 but you dont know that. If he has you beat then hes a donkey for not moving in and that makes me mad. why didnt he frickin move in if he has a good hand?!?! to me its either a donkey play with a strong hand or a good stab with a bluff. so what he had?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:25 AM

Havn't seen results but I think you have to get it in on the turn the times he has a weaker 7 far outway the times he has 68, 63, or 44, 55 you even have river outs against those hands. Additionally he could have picked up some kind of combo-draw on the turn and you should make him pay for it.

This would be a far tougher call if u had a hand like 10,J, or Q 7
Old 05-12-2007, 05:53 PM

I'd shove the turn. He's bluffing there like never, but many cards can kill your river action and you have to stack off with your hand on that board anyway. Only argument for calling is if a 3bet allows him to profitably fold a hand that he would've shoved the river with, but I don't see this being the case often at all given the play and board.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:59 PM

Shove turn, shove river.