Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: I hate posts like there - here goes anyway

Chill out. Go get laid. Come back and crush.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say you played this pretty well (Ribs77 = UTG). Just randomly got this while mining.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $162.60
BB: $44.50
UTG: $100.00
CO: $144.50
BTN: $100.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> is dealt (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, CO calls $4.00, BTN folds, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($16) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $11.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $30.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $65.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $140.50</font>, UTG calls all-in for $31.00
Uncalled bet of $44.50 returned to CO

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($208) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($208) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $208.00 ($3 Rake)

UTG had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$105.00)
CO had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Tens) and LOST (-$100.00)

[/ QUOTE ]

If SomethingClever is CO here, this is a really really really terrible pre-flop call and the kind of thing I see a lot of 20/12s do.

Cold-call a hell of a lot less preflop and that will help out a lot.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the variances of this game are absolutely sick. In two sessions yesterday I lost to two 3-outers and a 2 outer in the span of 500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL! Tried that and even worse in a matter of 2 mins multitabling.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:52 PM

20/12 are pretty horrible stats imo. I think very few players can get away with having a 8 point gap between vpip and pfr. Good players can get away with 4-5. Weak players should have about 3, which means never limp, cold call all pp and AQ+. Add more hands in position and vs looser players as your read on the player and post flop skills improve.

I know I would barely break even if I tried to play 30/20, but I can easily play 21/17 profitably.

You also most likely are way to passive. Never slowplay. Value bet big against CS, semi-bluff/2barrel more against regulars.

If your cbs are getting to much action, dont cb oop and tigten up preflop.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM

cold call less PF. Move down and run better. Rinse, repeat.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10,000 in 4 months of nl200 isn't very good actually

I've had many 10k months at nl200

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thanks for rubbing it in, assbag.

I never said I was Phil Ivey, just that I was a winning player.

Edit: I also have a full-time job, which means I probably play less than most of you.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say you played this pretty well (Ribs77 = UTG). Just randomly got this while mining.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $162.60
BB: $44.50
UTG: $100.00
CO: $144.50
BTN: $100.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> is dealt (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, CO calls $4.00, BTN folds, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($16) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $11.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $30.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $65.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $140.50</font>, UTG calls all-in for $31.00
Uncalled bet of $44.50 returned to CO

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($208) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($208) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $208.00 ($3 Rake)

UTG had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$105.00)
CO had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Tens) and LOST (-$100.00)

[/ QUOTE ]

If SomethingClever is CO here, this is a really really really terrible pre-flop call and the kind of thing I see a lot of 20/12s do.

Cold-call a hell of a lot less preflop and that will help out a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm UTG. I wouldn't dream of cold-calling KTo.

BTW, poker is easy when you flop top set against top two. This hand shows nothing.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You also most likely are way to passive. Never slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahhaahahha. Slowplay. I fastplay everything.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:17 PM

Just some things I've personally figured out after running bad. First off, I never ever play when I'm either tired, emotionally attached, hungry or un-focused. These points are KEY imo. By emotionally attached I mean either annoyed by a play I've made or excited about a pot I've won, in either case I just sitout, breath deeply, chill out and balance my self.

If I feel unfocused I just sit out and try to re-focus or stop playing if I can't. And well, if I'm hungry I eat and if I'm tired I rest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The hard part is being aware of these things and being honest enough with yourself to stop when you're not playing your best game.

One thing that is great after you've made some stupid donk play and might be semi-steaming is to sit out and breathe, balance yourself. Then figure out what the lesson to be learned is, there's always a lesson. It might be "Don't play back at the fish without a real hand even though you suspect they're FOS", or something similar. Then put it in a notepad file and read it through before you start playing every session and while you play when you have time over.

When we get annoyed it's really just stuck energy because we know we [censored] up, the way to release it is to confront it and learn the lesson.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You also most likely are way to passive. Never slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahhaahahha. Slowplay. I fastplay everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
start slowplay sometimes then.