Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 PM

Default AQo played badly...WTF now?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $174.00
BB: $91.50
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $205.70</font>
MP: $333.85
CO: $199.00
BTN: $69.85

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">CO is very aggro and not very good. I put BB on AA or AK.

I call the CRAI trying to string along the CO so I can bet safe turns and make some money in a side pot since I thi8nk I\'m pretty dead for the main...

I'm trying to figure out the math here, but I'm having a hard time.

Thoughts?</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $7.00, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $18.00</font>, Hero calls $11.00, CO calls $11.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($55) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, CO calls $30.00, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $73.50</font>, Hero calls $43.50, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $181.00</font>, Hero....
Old 05-11-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: AQo played badly...WTF now?

Fold to CO's shove. PF is fine I guess since it is such a small raise but I may just pitch it since it's such a RIO hand.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Ya, I nearly folded preflop... How often do I need to win the side pot to make this a call?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:58 PM

EDIT: my math was flawed.
After BB's shove, you have $151 left, and assuming you and CO get it all-in, you're trying to win a $215 sidepot. You need to win this sidepot 151/215 ~ 70% of the time. But there is also a big chance that you never get CO all-in with you.

After BB's shove, it really makes no sense to stay in the pot trying to win a side pot that does not exist yet by calling the shove!!

If you're sure you're beat by BB, instafold to BB's all-in raise.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:19 PM

Good point rainclouds.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 PM

if you call preflop these are the kinds of flops you should be going broke on. with that being said fold preflop.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:13 AM

I'd check the flop and then fold to BB's push. Even if CO calls with a draw, where is your EV going to come from? You're drawing near dead for the main pot. So you're throwing away 45 dollars by calling his push. How are you going to make that up? Even if CO calls a push with a draw on the turn, you're not getting 45 dollars worth of EV there, and why would he do that? If you push a blank turn, he'll just fold.

But now that you get here, you have to call CO's push and hope he's pushing a draw. You made your bed, now unfortunately you are stuck sleeping in it.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 AM

I think this was a pretty poorly played hand overall. So you say the BB is a solid player, and yet once he makes a raise with 2 callers PF knowing he has to act first you call? I would have folded PF.

Secondly, you definitely should have folded to the BB's shove. Who is going to shove with 2 players acting in front that are getting good odds? He knows you're both going to call and I would assume you are most certainly beaten.