Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: B&M 55 UTG

when you start saying youd call 2 and 3 bets with this then you get into the limit stuck mode of "well i have pot odds", when really you couldve just folded to begin with.

someone said as a joke (cant remember who, it was on these boards), that the trick to limit was to just keep raising every hand so you create your own pot odds, for me limping UTG kind of relates to this play.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 AM

I would say to someone who is new & pretty bad post flop to not play this hand UTG. At a loose passive table or a wild table where 6 or more see every flop I play any pairs. I'm not saying that I am cold calling 3 OOP with a small pair(in fact I don't Cold Call much at all), but if I just limit myself to big or medium pairs & big cards up front I am limiting myself too much IMO. My biggest pots have been won with sets, flushes and straights. Especially smaller sets. They win big pots cause they are disguised so well.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding preflop is something I would have done several years ago, but now, it seems like more and more of my money is coming from marginal situations that I am in wandering around in, and pocket pairs and suited connectors, especially in live games, seem to produce a lot of those marginal situations where some good wandering can be found.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is partly because of the game, but more because you can extract max. value once you connect. In this case for instance, you would have bet the river in an attempt to 3 bet.

Yeah, if you're checking this river, folding preflop almost makes sense.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the game is loose passive, dont you think they are all just limping in with low PPs and connectors to try to hit big too? What im saying is that limpin UTG here is "loose passive" as well, even if he may have the implied odds here, but so does everyone else who limps. Im not saying limping is horrible, but its thin. Id probably fold 22-66 and limp 7s+

[/ QUOTE ]

No. At a typical 4/8 LP table a few players might be playing ATC and even the tighter ones are playing 52s and k4s and 9To from up front.

At a 4/8 table many players are seeing 60%+ of the flops. Even when I am in LP mode playing any pp up front I am at around 35% or so and I am usually the tightest player at the table by far. If the whole table were playing 35% or so I would not consider it very loose and would then be folding small PP's up front.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:25 PM

I am the same as endo in that I am always the tightest player at the table. But I am also the most agg with hands I play. Even when I am getting good starting cards it seem sthat I am still the tightet player.

I change tables when it gets way is too tight. Can't make too much any $ at those tables
Old 05-12-2007, 04:07 PM

You may as well bet the river if you're in EP and are thinking of depending on the Button to bet. If the button bets, you don't want to raise and force the rest to face 2 cold on the river. You want the overcalls.

Bet the river.

b
Old 05-12-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

River check is ok given your reads.

Variance: Just because something does or does not happen once doesn't mean it figures to be that way in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy limp preflop, especially in this game.

Checking this river is horrible especially if you want the guy on your right to bet.

b
Old 05-12-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most 4-8 games I've seen are super laggy, guess I've been in a parallel universe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

b
Old 05-12-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For more thread humor here is a thread written by my coach about why you should only play pairs that flop top sets, and why even 55 can be dangerous(top set puts many straights out)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is poor advice for a live 4-8 game. And most games in general in regards to flopping sets. Especially the reasoning that top set puts more str8s out. Just a bit weak tight.

b
Old 05-12-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the game is loose passive, dont you think they are all just limping in with low PPs and connectors to try to hit big too? What im saying is that limpin UTG here is "loose passive" as well, even if he may have the implied odds here, but so does everyone else who limps. Im not saying limping is horrible, but its thin. Id probably fold 22-66 and limp 7s+

[/ QUOTE ]

On this type of table, people who limp with just those standards would be considered tight. Many will also limp with mid o/s cons and any 2 suited.

Limping here with a sm PP sure isn't loose passive. Limping here with something like Q7s is loose passive.

b