Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Neteller hacked - money shipped to poker.com

Hi guys,
my Neteller AND Partypoker account was hacked 2 days ago as well. I noticed some mails from neteller, telling me that transfers about different cash amounts have been succesfully processed.
So I logged into my account and was shocked about all my cash beeing transfered to an account called "FASTENGINE". There were different transfers that looked somehow automated, cause they started with
amounts that were declined (500$) because there wasnt so much available, and then decreased to smaller amounts till the account was empty. After that first shock I logged into my Partypoker account and saw that my money was away there too. Unfortunetly I had leave to work at this point, so I couldnt investigate any further. When I was at home again I checked again what happened, logged into my Neteller account and saw that the money from my partypoker account now
appeared in my Neteller account. I rechecked my Partypoker transfer history and saw that all money was transferred to my neteller account BEFORE they sacked it, of course because they wanted to get it as well. Their bad luck was that the money just arived AFTER their transfer intervals.
I talked to Neteller immediately, they told me the Transfer IP was not my usual one and temporarily locked my account. They told me they would investigate what happend and reply within 48 hours. Still waiting:/
Old 05-12-2007, 02:25 AM

Why on Earth would you go to work while your Neteller is being emptied without calling them first? Just saying.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:15 AM

1. Because the money WAS already away
2. Because I dont wanna lose my job too
Old 05-12-2007, 08:22 AM

The same thing happened to me today also...

Money shipped to 5 different NETeller accounts, as well as
- Fast Engine
- Poker4ever
- Doyles Room
- Wsex

They also deposited to My NETeller account with stolen credit cards.

I think it is an inside job. Support staff somewhere I have used NETeller must be in on this, because I have only ever accessed the NETeller account from one pc here at home, using firefox and running a router firewall & software firewall, good AV software and spyware protection including a process monitor - this was not a hack or virus job as is usually the case. Nobody has compromised my machine.

I play at Party Poker too... It wouldn't surprise me if that is where the leak is. Support staff getting the NETeller a/c number and secure ID then brute forcing or guessing the NETeller password.

NETeller wouldn't tell me where the fraudsters logged into my account from, but confirmed it was a different country to me.

All up I lost $3k.

I contacted doyles, wsex, poker4ever and so far only wsex have replied with a pretty ordinary response.

I'm partly blaming myself for this, purely because my password wasn't good enough, nor changed often enough. And I should know better considering I trust a bunch of underpaid indians with my secure info...

But NETeller is also to blame - they should have better login protection - it looks you can currently try the wrong password as many times as you like and it lets you keep trying! ANy decent site, let alone a financial site has systems in place to stop that from happening.

Trust nobody people. And don't play at the rooms mentioned above - the fraudsters are transferring money to those places for a reason - because security is lax and it is easy for them to get it out.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But NETeller is also to blame - they should have better login protection - it looks you can currently try the wrong password as many times as you like and it lets you keep trying! ANy decent site, let alone a financial site has systems in place to stop that from happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

More likely the hacked your email and then recovered your password that way? Hotmail account?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:42 PM

@Plowage: I can also confirm that I use more than standard protection for my PC. I studied computer science and online security was always of big interest for me, I am a member of a security forum for years. I have also run a hard+software firewall, 2 AVS, different spyware protection Security Task Manager etc. I have different passes for ALL my accounts which are absolutely not guessable. So the whole situation caused me headach for 3 days now, because I couldnt find anything on my side (reinstalled the whole system now).
I am wondering if it could have been a browser injection though, because today I remembered that the PartyPoker Neteller Cashout uses InetExplorer by default (which I NEVER
use normally). I am also at Pokerstars - and this account wasnt hacked, a point I didnt understand when thinking about a keylogger.
So did you already got feedback from Neteller? They wanted to contact me back wihin 48 hours but didnt yet.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The same thing happened to me today also...

Money shipped to 5 different NETeller accounts, as well as
- Fast Engine
- Poker4ever
- Doyles Room
- Wsex

They also deposited to My NETeller account with stolen credit cards.

I think it is an inside job. Support staff somewhere I have used NETeller must be in on this, because I have only ever accessed the NETeller account from one pc here at home, using firefox and running a router firewall & software firewall, good AV software and spyware protection including a process monitor - this was not a hack or virus job as is usually the case. Nobody has compromised my machine.

I play at Party Poker too... It wouldn't surprise me if that is where the leak is. Support staff getting the NETeller a/c number and secure ID then brute forcing or guessing the NETeller password.

NETeller wouldn't tell me where the fraudsters logged into my account from, but confirmed it was a different country to me.

All up I lost $3k.

I contacted doyles, wsex, poker4ever and so far only wsex have replied with a pretty ordinary response.

I'm partly blaming myself for this, purely because my password wasn't good enough, nor changed often enough. And I should know better considering I trust a bunch of underpaid indians with my secure info...

Trust nobody people. And don't play at the rooms mentioned above - the fraudsters are transferring money to those places for a reason - because security is lax and it is easy for them to get it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also play at Party Poker ... you may be on to something here
Old 05-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Few more victims in this thread:

http://www.pokernetwork.com/Nnoticeb...mmary_ID=12332

Definitely looking like an inside job.

Either way - definitely a wake up call for me in regards to passwords
Old 05-13-2007, 03:06 AM

OK - now another Aussie I know has had 8,000 stolen - this is getting pretty big!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK - now another Aussie I know has had 8,000 stolen - this is getting pretty big!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is not good!

Hef,

any updates from neteller or poker.com?
I havnt heard anything yet about my case other than that investigations is looking into it.

Mitch