Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Final table.... Am I donkin\' it up!?

Advice on all streets please. Opponent is tight and semi-agressive. Prior to final table I'm toight as a tiger. Nitty. I've switched gears. I'm basically stealing here to start...final table 6 left. I've recently been appearing very active and agressive, calling AK AI with my 77, and going AI to bluff 3rd player of a hand with Ace high (shown down because SS was all-in) after the flop to isolate against ss, been berated for calling a 9k AI with KT when in the BB with 2k in the pot, etc.. Advice all streets please...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t38133)
MP (t91124)
CO (t15579)
Button (t18810)
SB (t35222)
BB (t71132)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3600</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t3000, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t6975) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t8850) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t8400</font>, SB calls t8400.

River: (t23775) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero?

(turn total didn't convert but I think I've corrected it...river maybe be 2k shy of total)
Old 05-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Final table.... Am I donkin\' it up!?

with your image, I don't really like the pfr from UTG. I know you're 6 handed, and I think with a "standard" image, I like a raise a lot of the time, but you're too likely to get looked up.

I actually like the check behind on the flop, I think you get c/r a lot with your image and raggedy flop. I like the bet on the turn. On the river, I think you are ahead most of the time. I probably bet 9K and look to get called by 88-JJ who missed the c/r on the flop and then got scared by the king and the diamonds. In the alt, he may have called with the bare Ad, in which case he folds.

I just don't think he's checking the str8 or flush here, he would want to value bet to keep you from checking behind.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:33 PM

Bet less on turn

I would usually take river to valuetown, but you bet a little too much on the turn, im not sure if its worth it, so check.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet less on turn

I would usually take river to valuetown, but you bet a little too much on the turn, im not sure if its worth it, so check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like a bet of maybe 5500 on a Kc turn, but given that it is the 3rd diamond, I'd like to shut this sheezy down now.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:54 PM

6K on turn, check the river: i canīt see a hand calling a riverbet that you beat
Old 05-11-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with your image, I don't really like the pfr from UTG. I know you're 6 handed, and I think with a "standard" image, I like a raise a lot of the time, but you're too likely to get looked up.

I actually like the check behind on the flop, I think you get c/r a lot with your image and raggedy flop. I like the bet on the turn. On the river, I think you are ahead most of the time. I probably bet 9K and look to get called by 88-JJ who missed the c/r on the flop and then got scared by the king and the diamonds. In the alt, he may have called with the bare Ad, in which case he folds.

I just don't think he's checking the str8 or flush here, he would want to value bet to keep you from checking behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say you take it to valuetown (love that btw) and bet 10k on the river... and he shoves AI to 20k... then what? You have 15k left.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 PM

Don't bet the river....worse hands fold and better hands call/raise
Old 05-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Well is a mixed bag, although I would have like to hear from more. One thing is for sure my turn bet is bad. If I bet half the pot maybe he doesn't check to me on the river, maybe he raises the turn, maybe I'm not committed etc.

I agree in retrospect that any hand that calls beats...except maybe I can get him to fold another king or pp. I bet 11k on the river and he shoved. With only 15k I called and prayed and saw he had JdTd for the flush.

I have to assume my agro-ness let him play this the best way possible, because I assumed the FD bets the flop, the flush may check the turn, but doesn't pass on the river. He played me well. Still need to learn to slow down a bit at final tables... but who wants to pass up free chips.