Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand FT of $20r 3 handed against TMay....

[ QUOTE ]
What do we get him to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't trying to get him to fold a better hand obviously. If we have a tight image, we might 'get' him to fold a weak 8. He's at least calling with a flush and strong 8's. You have a full house 3 handed, that is a monster.

If he somehow has T8, that is a cooler. I would expect an aggressive player like TMay to mostly be leading big hands and draws on the flop. If not that, then a flop check raise. I just don't see him check/calling 2pair+ or a flush draw on the flop 3 handed. Given the current action, I think you have the best hand here almost always, his most likely hand being an 8 of some sort.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:07 PM

I've never played villain but is he going to overbet/three-bet the river with an 8 or flush? I mean, I call a shove but I'm not elated.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn. I expect him to lead the flop with a flush draw most of the time in this situation. On the river, I would raise an amount that I think he can call with an 8, probably about 240000. Call a shove obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Ill give my thought process on the hand,

Tmay's limp from the SB is certainly any 2. My friends image is probably fairly tight and maybe even a bit weak at the FT as he came in as chippie and stayed fairly patient as the short stack knocked each other out.

TMay's chk call on he flop i concluded to be either 8x, a very weak T, possibly a straight draw, or air with the plan to take the pot away later as there may be a lot of cards to come off that are scare cards that may get a 10 to fold. I concluded that he likely doesnt play a flush draw this way or TP.

when the flush comes off on the turn, I thought it was a mistake to check the turn but not awful if you think it gets him to fold out an 8 which I dont think we want him to do.

I think the check behind can be good against a player like TMay who we can feel fairly confident after checking behind is betting any river regardless of his holdings so by checking we pick up an additional bet that we dont get by betting the turn.

On the river the 8 is a very interesting card as it now obviously negates a flush and its one of the few holdings I thought he could play this way.

To me here is where the hand actually gets interesting, what exactly does Tmay put us on?

We can certainly have the Ten and checked behind on the turn to try and control the size of the pot.

We can certainly have the flush.

We could have an 8.

We could have a busted straight draw.

He can probably conclude with no preflop raise 3 handed TT/88 is probably unlikely.

Now Tmay fires a fairly healthy bet on the river which leads me to believe he either has the flush(although fairly unlikely the way he played it)

He does have the 8 and figures with his aggressive image we pay him off with our 10.

Or he has nothing.

So we decide if we reraise him here 3x his bet to 240K we probably get flat called by the 8 and certainly by the flush and he folds his bluff.

The big question is, what would he reshove us with as we still have just under 400K behind at 8000/16000 so our reraise may look like we are leaving ourself room to fold to a shove.

Will he reshove with just trip 8's on that board?

Will he reshove with a flush(unlikely the nut flush)

Does he reshove on a complete bluff when he only has 120K invested and 900K behind?

Any thoughts?