Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: AKs - Hand Review

[ QUOTE ]
fold flop is too much, wow

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is super standard player that calls with a few too many hands pre flop ... his cold cap OOP and c/3bet
is AA, JJ ... maybe, maybe AK (of 6 hands I wouldn't even give a weighted value of 1 hand) - I doubt this guy would re-raise AK as TPTK on any board

I just don't really see a point to continue in the hand, either we tied 1% of the time or crushed except for a massive suckout (maybe I could see a call down ... 5:1 from flop ... but 5 to 1 seems really thin to me)
Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (15BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue"> I raise here to try get a free show down with my nut flush draw if i dont fill it </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you trying for a free show down

do you think you'll ever get one here anyway?

I think we need more threads on the "Free Showdown" ... I'm a little shaky on the concept - but know this isn't a situation to apply that concept to

Free-show-down raises should generally have a chance to win the pot at that point - yes?
and should generally be with a somewhat OK but possibly marginal hand and the turn brings a card which complements your play, up to that point ...
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 AM

Grunch

PF: Dude, you're putting way too much work in justifying an easy call. I have only seen two posts where I thought it was right to fold AK offsuit preflop against unknowns, and in both cases it was the SB facing a cap cold and some good players disagreed with me in both cases. Typically the only hands you can consider raise/folding preflop are offsuit non-pairs AJ/KQ or worse, and only if it's capped.

Flop: Cap is pretty thin; it won't just cost you an extra bet if MP2 has a monster, it costs you 3SB by forcing you to bet the turn and get raised. Plus, unless MP2 was retarded and raised this flop with KK, or he's willing to fold top pair getting 14:1 with no further raises, you have no fold equity. I'd have called the 3bet.

Turn: [ QUOTE ]
I raise here to try get a free show down with my nut flush draw if i dont fill it

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this. It is not a "free" showdown, in fact in the best case scenario it's a regular price showdown and in the worst case it's twice as expensive.

River: nh
Old 05-11-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't donk flop. Call 2 back to you. Call turn, don't raise. There's a good chance your opponent has JJ, and maybe even AA. River is perfect.

nh sir

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero didn't donk, BB capped/checked/3bet. Which now that I think about it is an argument against every postflop raise until the flush came in.

EDIT: lol, I shouldn't read threads backwards but basically everything on page 2 is right.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: lol, I shouldn't read threads backwards but basically everything on page 2 is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Change post per page it is soo much quicker. It's only one page for me

As for the hand.
-Preflop cap is fine.
-I think I lead that flop allways but I don't think it's right. Raise/cap is spew.
-The turn raise is way over the top
-River is standard.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch

PF: Dude, you're putting way too much work in justifying an easy call. I have only seen two posts where I thought it was right to fold AK offsuit preflop against unknowns, and in both cases it was the SB facing a cap cold and some good players disagreed with me in both cases. Typically the only hands you can consider raise/folding preflop are offsuit non-pairs AJ/KQ or worse, and only if it's capped.

Flop: Cap is pretty thin; it won't just cost you an extra bet if MP2 has a monster, it costs you 3SB by forcing you to bet the turn and get raised. Plus, unless MP2 was retarded and raised this flop with KK, or he's willing to fold top pair getting 14:1 with no further raises, you have no fold equity. I'd have called the 3bet.

Turn: [ QUOTE ]
I raise here to try get a free show down with my nut flush draw if i dont fill it

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this. It is not a "free" showdown, in fact in the best case scenario it's a regular price showdown and in the worst case it's twice as expensive.

River: nh

[/ QUOTE ]

Xhad is wise; every time I post in this forum recently I just quote him.
I thought the same thing about the preflop analysis; lol when do you open AKs and then fold?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(Btw: Why are you playing 2/4 FR???)

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont usually play 2/4 but the games that i usually play at the site i'm at (.5/1 and/or 1/2) have dried up.
The 2/4 games are soft at the moment.
Ok i didn't cover myself in glory with this hand but 2/4 is making me money at the moment