Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 20 Discussion -spoiler free-

I did a little analysis of the painting. There looks like a bird of some sort. I say crane is likely due to the Dharma station name. The "ladder" that people see seems to me a 3D piece of the painting (corrugated steel I think), as is the upper left thing (a board?).

Old 05-11-2007, 01:01 AM

im reading this entire thread after just watching the episode...holy god this episode was insane, and insanely good.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 AM

Do you guys think Richard could be a clone? It would kind of make sense in light of the whole pregnancy issue if they cloned people instead.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:04 AM

The thing you marked as CRANE looks more like a snake with his tongue out to me.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did a little analysis of the painting. There looks like a bird of some sort. I say crane is likely due to the Dharma station name. The "ladder" that people see seems to me a 3D piece of the painting (corrugated steel I think), as is the upper left thing (a board?).

[/ QUOTE ]

The bird you have circled looks more like a swan, the bird just below the crane text looks like it could be a crane.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 AM

Dear LOST writers,

Please don't kill Locke. I doubt you would be silly enough to do it, but it would be such a bold and shocking move that you might feel tempted to go ahead and do it. Don't. Cuz it would be really lame and not as cool as you think it would be. If you feel you have to kill someone, kill Charlie or Hurley instead.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:34 AM

I've got a quick question: What's the Adam and Eve thing that people are mentioning? I watched the entire 1st and 2nd seasons and don't remember anything about it from then, although I did skip several episodes of the third season after they went on break.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's something i've noticed about LOST that has been highlighted in this thread: Events from an individual episode often don't make sense in the context of a realistic narrative (even given the working assumptions of the show, e.g. time travel, healing island), but they do make sense formally.

One of the key formal elements of LOST is the balance between Jack and Locke. The episode title "Man of Science, Man of Faith" highlights the basic distinction between the characters - Jack's pragmatism opposes Locke's mysticism. Many other traits balance as well.

Jack wants nothing more than to leave the island, and he even aranged to take the submarine to the mainland. Locke demonstrated his devotion to the island by blowing up the submarine.

Jack needs to lead a group, while Locke is more of a loner (althouh he accepts proteges such as Charlie and Boone).

The producers have said several times that this season is about the Others. As far as that's true, the story of the others can be divided into two parts: Jack's experience and Locke's experience. The differences in the men's experiences reflects the differences in their character traits. In captivity, Jack's environment exposes him to technology (the surveillance cameras) and experiments, which belong to the realm of science. His captivity is a symbolic escape from the island. The others transport him to another island, they show him TV from the outside world, and they allow him to perform sugery in an imitation of his previous life. Sawyer and Kate accompany Jack to the Hydra base, and their role in his experience illustrates his affinity for groups.

Locke's experiences the others in a very different way. Shortly after he joins them, they abandon their houses and set off on a hike, bringing them closer to nature. Locke metaphorically escapes the outside world by doing on the island what he could not do elsewhere - killing his father. Locke's encounter with Jacob echoes his earlier mystical experiences, such as his vision of the Sydney airport. And no other losties accompany Locke on his journey, which satisfies his preference for solitude.

In short, Jack's and Locke's experience of the others reflect their own natures.

So while some things may not make sense in isolation, they may fit into a larger picture. After all, LOST is a mosaic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kudos to you. Nice job.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a quick question: What's the Adam and Eve thing that people are mentioning? I watched the entire 1st and 2nd seasons and don't remember anything about it from then, although I did skip several episodes of the third season after they went on break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam and Eve are in one of the first few episodes. I'm not exactly sure which one, but I think that it's one of Jack's episodes. It's where he is following his father and then finds the water supply and then followed by the caves, to where they eventually live. Adam and Eve were the two skeletons that they found at the caves. I think that when they were discovered, it was mentioned that the rate of their clothing decay means that they had been dead something like 50 years, but I could be wrong.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:30 AM

Didn't they have some sort of object on them? Like a stone or something? I can't remember.