Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Never saw that coming!

Villain is very loose, and pretty passive post flop. To date his stats are 59.52:14.29:0.43. This is based on a fairly small sample (less than 50 hands and he hasn't raised pre-flop with any rubbish that I have seen. He could have a pretty wide range of hands for his EP limp. I have seen him call bottom two pair on the flop and then go crazy when a full house came on the turn.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero?

With the pot offering odds of just over 4 to 1 at this stage, what is the correct action here?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Never saw that coming!

His aggro stats mean pretty much nothing, and I'm not convinced we're behind.

BB loose enough to have 2 pair here?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His aggro stats mean pretty much nothing, and I'm not convinced we're behind.

BB loose enough to have 2 pair here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know. He only played seven hands before leaving the table!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM

I'd call and re-evaluate on the river. You have position so think it's worth staying in. If you are behind a board card pairing may save you along with the Queens.

If it's re-raised on the river I'd probably fold.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:47 PM

I can see folding on the turn. You have one apparently straight-forward villain, and an unknown, both betting into the PF and flop aggressor. BB sometimes is aggressive, and sometimes he hits huge, and you'll pay off another bet or two just to see the river. I doubt you have 25% equity at this point, and if you do, you'll often pay another bet or two to showdown. A bigger pot would make this an easier call.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:14 PM

I'd call the turn, not sold on being beat yet.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the pot offering odds of just over 4 to 1 at this stage, what is the correct action here?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an interesting twist in thinking about situations in Limit Holdem. It probably stems from too much HoH reading. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In Limit, you have to decide at this point whether you call down or fold right there. You are not getting odds to anything (5% for your set, maybe a little bit more for a better 2-pair than two villains have.)

Or in everyday talk: Two guys have something which is probably more than your overpair - fold!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 PM

man ... what a great raise by UTG

If I think I'm ahead I'm 3betting these retards ... if behind (I fold) ... would need to see some game play though

both of these guys easily have top pair here more than a set ...
I'm thinking BB picks up some kind of draw on the turn and UTG takes advantage of the situation with some piece of trash like J8.
if you want to stay out of trouble (which you can get into) - then just fold

what would you do if you call and sb 3bets?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man ... what a great raise by UTG

If I think I'm ahead I'm 3betting these retards ... if behind (I fold) ... would need to see some game play though

both of these guys easily have top pair here more than a set ...
I'm thinking BB picks up some kind of draw on the turn and UTG takes advantage of the situation with some piece of trash like J8.
if you want to stay out of trouble (which you can get into) - then just fold

what would you do if you call and sb 3bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemed to me at the time that it was pretty dangerous to continue here. I was concerned that the pot might even get capped if I called, and raising seemed to be a bit over-optimistic, so I folded. As did BB! So now I am left wondering what on earth was going on. I really can't see villain having less than two pair, and I didn't have the odds to call if he had. Seems unlikely that he had two clubs and decided to pump a draw in that position, but you never know. I wondered if folding was a bit weak, so I'm re-assured that there are good players on here who might have done the same thing.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In Limit, you have to decide at this point whether you call down or fold right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if the plan is something like "Call down unless they keep reraising in which case I can reliably put someone on a better hand."