Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: AI:Fixed?

hellmouth,

i'm an O&A fan and think stern fans are retards, but i will try and be nice (seriously).

first, howard's credibility on anything news is not something that one should quote and expect to be taken seriously. second, iirc, howard took credit for sanjaya lasting as long as he did, and predicted his listeners would propel sanjaya to a win. we all now know how silly that claim was.

finally, if you really look at the responses i think you will see that you are not being attacked, but being corrected with rational answers from people who know the show and know the score. whether they are being polite or not is open to judgement, as i think these posters and this forum could be the most polite on 2p2.

(fwiw i got attacked the most until your post here, so WELCOME to AIW!)
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 PM

Thank you for posting the link, I welcome all contributions, but I don't believe it.

P.S. The Anerican Patriot Friends Network is reporting (100% serious) that the moon landing was faked. It's not as reputable as Hard Copy, admittedly, but they are respected journalists nonetheless.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 PM

Even if true, I think it's much more likely that the producers simply were preparing for Lakisha's likely exit, based on vote totals from the previous weeks.

Either way not exactly an earth-shattering scoop.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 PM

The only thing less likely then AI being completely fixed is AI getting caught by making advance preparations for LaKisha's departure in public.

If the fix is in they aren't going to tell anyone outside of a small circle of conspirators. The travel agent, the camera crew, and the internet forum supermole working in wardrobe will not know.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:45 PM

It sounds like Howard is pissed that he didn't have a bigger impact on this season like he thought he would.

If this is announced at the time of top 10 then i would be more interested in it. I hardly think he is going out on a limb by calling Jordin the winner now.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for posting the link, I welcome all contributions, but I don't believe it.

P.S. The Anerican Patriot Friends Network is reporting (100% serious) that the moon landing was faked. It's not as reputable as Hard Copy, admittedly, but they are respected journalists nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really bad example to try to make your point.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing less likely then AI being completely fixed is AI getting caught by making advance preparations for LaKisha's departure in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

good line. wish i had thought of it.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about hard copy except that someone on Howard 100 newsteam worked for them previouslly. It was not reported on hard copy.

Here is a discussion of the supposed disclaimer at the end of the show stating that the producers can alter the results. It is obviouslly hear say. I would be very interested if someone could dvr the disclaimer and verify this statement. For the record I do not believe the moon landing was faked. But that is a little more crazy than thinking a contest like this is rigged. From what I understand (again hear say) AI is not a gameshow so it is not under the same rules that disallow a show like Jeapordy or Millionare from being rigged.

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifesty.../2006/03/70464

WN: Do you think American Idol manipulates the voting to make the show more dramatic?

Della Terza: I think it's very likely that the producers manipulate the show. They have never released vote totals, so it's incredibly easy for them to just change the numbers. A disclaimer at the end of the show says that they can throw out votes and they can kick out anyone from the competition. So really, there's no one keeping them in check if indeed they do manipulate the show.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:51 AM

deleted by GrannyMae.

content completely OT and useless.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really bad example to try to make your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some people think that there is a hollow earth also. I am not a lunitic and I don't believe everything I read. I didn't even come out with this as anything more than something I saw. I didn't evaluate its merit although I do still believe that the Howard 100 news team trys to do a good job reporting real news. Usually it is howardcentric. I think that the only reason they are even looking at this is because of Howards involvement with the Vote for the worst movement.

Greg