Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Re: How should I handle this situation?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just woke up this morning and found his note that he won $1500...and hes asking....can I stop over later today for the money? How do I handle this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response should be to ask him for an additional $500 to add to the $1500 so you can freeroll on his 2k for a night in repayment for your kindness, as you had done for him in the prior night.

At the end of the night after you are done playing, you can then repay him the $1500 if theres any left. If he doesn't go for this, then it shows he was taking advantage of your kindness, and thats not a friend, it's a predator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually love this idea, good stuff.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just woke up this morning and found his note that he won $1500...and hes asking....can I stop over later today for the money? How do I handle this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response should be to ask him for an additional $500 to add to the $1500 so you can freeroll on his 2k for a night in repayment for your kindness, as you had done for him in the prior night.

At the end of the night after you are done playing, you can then repay him the $1500 if theres any left. If he doesn't go for this, then it shows he was taking advantage of your kindness, and thats not a friend, it's a predator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually love this idea, good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I, too, think this is a really good idea.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:52 AM

Thank you all for suggestios......
I'm gonna suggest Synergistic Explosions' reply to him.

At the end of the night after you are done playing, you can then repay him the $2k if theres any left. If he doesn't go for this, then it shows he was taking advantage of your kindness, and thats not a friend, it's a predator.

The only other option I would do would be this:

Had he have lost the money I would have been lucky to get $100 a week from him to pay the debt off.....so I would give him $100 a week for 15 weeks.

Paying him the whole $1500 today would be rewarding him. He doesn't deserve the reward after the huge mistake he made.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Had he have lost the money I would have been lucky to get $100 a week from him to pay the debt off.....so I would give him $100 a week for 15 weeks.

Paying him the whole $1500 today would be rewarding him. He doesn't deserve the reward after the huge mistake he made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this, you're not his mom. It's his money.

Approaching it like this is going to lose you a friend, and having a good friend is worth way way more than the meager amounts involved here.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, harsh but excellent, a real test of his character.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in addition to that what should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the money, take it down to Wal-Mart and purchase a brain upgrade. I realize it won't be a top of the line upgrade (you'd have to go to a private bulider for that), but it is affordable and after listening to your story, I would have to assume that even this will be a substantial improvement for you.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 PM

Would someone care to explain how this got bumped to the first page seemingly without a new post added in more than 5 months?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would someone care to explain how this got bumped to the first page seemingly without a new post added in more than 5 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called "ninja bumping". You reply to an old thread so it bumps it to the top, then you erase your post so that no one can tell who bumped it.

edit to add: tho if nlnut came by and said what happened I would love to know, because I think the situation in the OP is very interesting and would love follow up. Sadly given the current situation I doubt that will happen.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:19 AM

I LOVE NINJAS
Old 05-13-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you all for suggestios......
I'm gonna suggest Synergistic Explosions' reply to him.

At the end of the night after you are done playing, you can then repay him the $2k if theres any left. If he doesn't go for this, then it shows he was taking advantage of your kindness, and thats not a friend, it's a predator.

The only other option I would do would be this:

[/ QUOTE ]

nlnut - Now I'm interested in how your friend reacted to Synergistic's idea (which, by the way, does sound like a fairly clever way to inject some fairness into what was a dicey situation).

Any chance for an update on the story?