Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, Bond18 Stars 100r 4th

Can you explain 109 a little? I am a newb and don't know what metagame is in this context.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
##75 I bet that flop in position. No one’s slowplaying in a rebuy so you’ll take it down a lot.

This can go either way. With 4 other guys out there, i doubt how much i get a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a fold sometimes. If you get a call, rather than a raise, you narrow your opponent's range considerably and can consider a second barrel. You usually get two cheap cards to improve. Once in a while, especially with a board with this texture, you improve to the nuts and villain improves to hand he'll stack off with in a rebuy. IIRC, you're in last position on the flop, so I really think a bet here is good.

As I mentioned in the other hand, I'm sort of resigned in a $50 or $100r to spalshing around a bit to make the stacking hand, and rebuying again at 1500 if this doesn't happen. Even if it doesn't, you're advertising a willingness to put chips in, which has to be good at this stage.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Well I watched it all and have come to one stunning realization. I'm a lag! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Without being specific I'm stealing more often and calling with some hands you would not (e.g. Hand 246.. you get 5 to 1 to complete with K3), I'm just more involved. Ya this does ge tme in trouble and my game needs to move toward yours but it has gradullay last few weeks. I am folding the 22 to the all-in though ... since I'm never better than a coin flip.

Overall tight play, and that allows you to make other plays off that occasionally. Lucky mentioned Hand 286 - (right after you show down jacks and this guy has been active, I think this is a decent spot to 3-bet him.) You're inactivity allow you to steal the next 4-5 pots with less than premium hands though so it's not wrong or right.

Overall... i did notice you made most you chips on pushes prf (typical often), and few would call your big hands or TPTK. Maybe giving more action gets you more and you get paid off more often. It's just style ... but who am I to give you advice... Well done.

PS I also did like PBRs game at the end to play to win. Good example of short stack play.

BTW.. I'm trying to see half this and work and half last night... so if I'm off base.. that's likely the reason [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 PM

Joeyjojo, you can't fold the 22, ur getting 2 to 1 vs ATC. Btw thats the worst name i ever heard.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:03 PM

Hand 109 (A6 v. AK) - was that still in rebuy period? What was the reason for call shove or am I missing something?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 PM

Thanks alot for this bond!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:18 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm guessing I saw the AI and was too lazy when watching to do the math but 2 to 1 would exp[lain your call... ? I'm curious though ...why not 5 to 1 with the k3?

Someone else said leak but I ask about it becaus ei was wondering why.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Bond => is QTs your fafvorite hand?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 PM

Mr. Bond dude.. after watching this and thinking some I just finished 6th in a 180. Granted I donked the last hand...and not the best finish... but none the less decent.

fwiw reading your thread gave me a different perpective. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:23 AM

A couple of questions:

#109- Obv this has sparked a lot of questions and I saw your comment about the 109 FT where lilhe was just being lilhe. You had another thread on 4 about a $50r where you repopped a 3x to 10.5x and the raiser shove you in for 30bbs more and you were asking about a calling range for you.

Have you thought that backin off of PF aggressors this early in rebuys is something you should work on? Not criticizing, but if the field is still a bit lighter, you have a lot to extract after the flop, no? Just curious because I avoid big pots before the flop until the 200/400 level and your 2 hands along with one of sheets' hands early in a $50r (against Aaron Been, I think?) has made me wonder if I'm missing these spots with people I know to be capable of moving their chips a lot.

#149- You're obv sticking it super-light here, but K5o's gotta be a terrible call, right? Or is this just an ATC spot for you where any King is a call for him?

#155- NH. I've been attacking these short-stack cold callers OOP more and it's helped a lot. With ~3200 in the pot, are you shoving the flop if he has 3200 behind? What about 4k?

#166- Obv a fold with KTo, but this person knows to call you with K5 in the BB with ~8bb effective stacks. What can you profitably call his UTG shove with? A9? AT? AJ? 66?

#208- "Shouldn't you be open shoving the KJo OTB with effective stacks in the blinds at ~11bbs?" would normally be my question, too, but from what we've seen, this is a great standard raise from you, IMO. This person's definitely capable of re-shipping a suited connector here even though you've showed to be cautious OTB. I'm a poon, so I probably just ship it all in.

#214- Is this a definite call with AK? The raiser's def hyper aggro, but I'd take his 4x raise seriously and think the Button does as well. Don't we have 3-5 outs here, usually? We have enough to play/resteal with?

I made a similar call the other night, thinking to myself, "Just dump it." but I called anyway and the shover had KK. Same thing. Aggro raiser made a larger then normal raise. Aggro Button shipped it and I called.

In a past MTT, there was Hand #357 where I folded to a raise from a solid player and a re-ship from another solid player: http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA42191/...001242007/9385

Thoughts?

I need to get some sleep, but I'm going to watch the rest tomorrow. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]