Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: This girl.....

How about watching the film again with someone who knows about movie making. Analyze each scene to see if you can figure out where the camera was, why they chose that particular shot, how a special effect was done, what instructions/motivations do you think were given to the actors.

Someone told me once that whenever they were scared while watching a movie, they pictured the camera guy eating a sandwich while filming the action.

By the way, I had a fairly sleepless night after seeing the Ring for the first time, and I wasn't that scared while watching it.

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:57 PM

The Ring is one of those movies where if you are in a certain state of mind when you watch it, it can really get you. I was real tired and saw it in the theatre with my wife. Anyway, I could not sleep with the lights out for two nights afterward. And I was terrified of the TV for about a week. (aka 7 days) After that I figured if she was gonna get me she would have done it by now!! But to this day I will avoid horror flicks. I am not normally squeamish. I've seen some beheadings on the internet and they had less of an overall affect on me. (at least short term terror effect)
The thing with the Ring is they replay that stupid video over and over until the music and images needle into your brain.

OP: If after 4years!! this movie is still affecting you so severely I truly pity you. IT is time you sought counseling from a professional.....hopefully you find one that can help you. There is no reason you should be terrified of a movie image for so long.... Get help immediately.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:12 PM

I saw The Ring in theatres when it first came out. When I came home with my g/f that night I remembered my cable was unplugged (cauz I had unhooked the PS2). I knew what was about to happen, but let it: she grabbed the remote, flipped on the tv and nothing but snowy white fuzz and noise. She was freaked out for sure!

On a related note, I took some psychadelics shrooms my frosh year of college(senior now), had a bad trip where i thought one of my buddies was God, but very evil. For the next couple months I would have visions of him laughing manically in my head with bulging eyes and a long tongue and it really affected my day to day life. I truly believed he was God and I was in Hell or something or other and I couldn't rationalize at all b/c my mind made it soooo real and I would just have panic attacks. (he was a new-age type guy who was trying to tell me his theories that "everyone" is their own God, but it came out in a crazy way while trippin.) It slowly got less severe and after about a year i finally got that out of my head. But everyonce in a while my mind starts drifting back, and I force myself to think about something else just in fear of a relapse.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Anyone who has had an active imagination has had this problem before... This particular image haunted me in my youth for years and years

[image]http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/3566/clock/sisters.jpeg[/image]