Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM

Default 25 NL: AA 4-bet, i beat nothing on the flop. sick spot.

Sorry, long.

villain, 23/7/2.3 (AF important) over 1500+ hands. I am running a laggy, prob 24/10/2. notes: he will smooth call with AA UTG+1 to my AK PF raise and didn't lose much money to me on a KKx board with his AA.

UTG has been raising light, PFR of 12-15%. I may/may not have been 3-betting UTG light, but I doubt anybody thinks I’m 3-betting UTG’s PF raise with anything less than JJ+.

Villain’s 4-bet is good for me. It is so small though, smells like AA. I don’t think anybody is calling here with anything less than QQ+, and not even AK/AQ. I don’t think he’s crazy enough to 4-bet me with air. Obv, I can push PF. I did not want him to fold QQ.

Sucky flop. I'm splitting at best. If he 4-bet with KK, which many 25NL people won’t do, then I’m WA/WB. I check. He checks. that is fishy, I know we don’t have much left in our stacks, and it will all get in anyways, but he has a pretty high AF.

Turn, I c/c

River…what do I beat? He has 2-3 hands + air. My best hope is he’s on air, or crazy AK (impossible right???), or AA. Unless he’s an idiot, even with AA he’s gotta be afraid I caught up with KK, QQ. He’s only splitting, or beating JJ/AK if he’s holding AA. Do you really push AA on the river here, when even QQ got there?

Finally, I tried to get some info out of him, something along the lines of
Me: you would have made more money if you didn’t check the flop
Him: thanks for the lecture
Him: you would have saved more money if you didn’t call 9 dollar PF raises with anything but AA
Me: I folded AK
Him: I love it, you call with AK, you hit, and you still fold

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($24.40)
SB ($40.95)
BB ($8.35)
UTG ($35.80)
UTG+1 ($19.10)
MP1 ($25)
MP2 ($29.40)
Hero ($25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($19.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($19.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($27.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $12</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $39.75

Old 05-10-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: 25 NL: AA 4-bet, i beat nothing on the flop. sick spot.

How can you be OOP if Villain is the SB???

Bet this flop. As played, I call this river and curse myself for not betting the flop when he shows QQ.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you be OOP if Villain is the SB???

Bet this flop. As played, I call this river and curse myself for not betting the flop when he shows QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, I probably try to get it Awwrrr INNN PF though, it would keep you out of this decision.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 PM

it was a mistake. not oop, obv. he checks, it looks fishy, i check.

you really think a reg is going to 4-bet QQ this PF?

yes, i know i could have pushed PF, but that is crazy strength there and even QQ, JJ, would have a "easy" time folding. some people here might even fold KK!