Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: WPT North American Poker Championship thread

Jim explains some of his plays and the TV editing on Pocket 5s. It wasn't as bad as they made it look.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:42 AM

I don't see how it wasn't. That was truly some of the worst TV poker ever.

Jason was fine with me until he broke his arm patting himself on the back for making that A9 call.

I'm glad Soren won. Money will change his life, and he seemed like a very humble and respectful person. Didn't play too badly either.

BTW, this was some of the worst editing I have seen. We go to a commercial with Soren as the chip leader with over $4 million, and we come back to him pushing all in on the short stack for $1.4 million? I wonder how long this final table went.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how it wasn't. That was truly some of the worst TV poker ever.

Jason was fine with me until he broke his arm patting himself on the back for making that A9 call.

I'm glad Soren won. Money will change his life, and he seemed like a very humble and respectful person. Didn't play too badly either.

BTW, this was some of the worst editing I have seen. We go to a commercial with Soren as the chip leader with over $4 million, and we come back to him pushing all in on the short stack for $1.4 million? I wonder how long this final table went.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the audience for this and it started at 5:00PM and ended at about 1:00 Am I think (it might have been later) They played 3 handed for just under 3 hours. Although it would have been over much faster if Sagle's A5 held up against Soren's T8. Sagle had been raising Soren's big blinds and I think Soren had gotten sick of it and decided to play back and Jason made a good call. Jason would have had a huge lead heads up against Lam.

Haven't seen it on TV yet because it hasn't aired in Canada yet but I was curious to see what some of the hands that Juanda had on his 12 or so all-ins. And what Worth was folding against him.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen it on TV yet because it hasn't aired in Canada yet but I was curious to see what some of the hands that Juanda had on his 12 or so all-ins. And what Worth was folding against him.

[/ QUOTE ]
He mucked AQ one time. I am not kidding.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:40 PM

-Ok, I know they are nutz w/ the structure @ the final tables on the WPT but this one was still entertaining as hell. When the Soren cat hit that four on the turn, I thought that was pretty cool (being that that was a $700k card for em)

-Wow KK, just WOW. I think he psyched himself out on this 1. He had to, just doesn't make sense. He did look really bad, 4sho.

-That, John Lam guy: When he was calling down "Big Bird" w/ the K hi, I was like "plz let em do it, ONE TIME!!!...Boooooo!" LOL, it woulda been great...sigh

-Best VVP line of this episode: "Break out the smelling salts for Big Bird..." That was good sh*t.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:14 PM

I liked Vince the best when he was making fun of that donk Canuck who was a giant tellbox. When he had the KK hand and started freaking out and shaking and fumbling and rubbing his mouth, he eventually goes, "Raise." And Vince said, "ORLY?"

I just realized why I dislike VVP. He's not insulting people with enough sarcasm. The ORLY? remark was out of character and hilarious.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked Vince the best when he was making fun of that donk Canuck who was a giant tellbox. When he had the KK hand and started freaking out and shaking and fumbling and rubbing his mouth, he eventually goes, "Raise." And Vince said, "ORLY?"

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the best VPP moment ever. Actually it was his first great moment ever. "ORLY? " i want to see more of that guy and less of " digging the hole , putting the twigs over yadda yadda yadda" bs we get out of him.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya. Always nice to see someone who's not jumping around acting like a superstar win these things. Maybe the A9 call wasn't as obvious as it seemed in the show but I got the impression that Soren must've been quite aggressive on the button HU. Jason even asked Soren if he's just gonna be shoving before he called w/ the A9. He just wanted to play pokah 10bb deep, a true professional.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Some of Canuck's plays were definitely ummm, on the questionable side. I've railed this guy in a few online MTTs and he style seemed decidedly different at times.

My biggest thoughts were that it was obvious that he's more comfy behind his pc monitor than in a live setting. Surprising though b/c it's not like he's never played a live tourney before.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim explains some of his plays and the TV editing on Pocket 5s. It wasn't as bad as they made it look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the above, but here is a link to his comments.

Poker is tougher when you can't see the hole cards.