Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: CIBC Visa work on ftp stars?

I just have one on the way and was wondering if it worked cause I heard some other canadian banking visa's dont work. Why are people so upset at this post? If you dont want it to clutter the forum then why reply and bump it? Lets get serious not dilirious.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just have one on the way and was wondering if it worked cause I heard some other canadian banking visa's dont work. Why are people so upset at this post? If you dont want it to clutter the forum then why reply and bump it? Lets get serious not dilirious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah well I am wondering if this works for the US. There is an allusion above to cashing out in canadian money. Is that cover for a US player?

Greg
Old 05-10-2007, 09:54 AM

Im not sure about cashing out in US or in Canada. I havent played online since the whole neteller thing. I have no problem just receiving a check anyways just takes a litte longer.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:09 PM

You can (probably) use it to fund the Paytru option on stars which is like a virtual visa type thing. I used the Paytru option and it worked like a charm and was very easy. I had my account funded in under 5 minutes.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Some people get upset because for Americans, it might be foolish to post exactly which banks/cards/etc allow funding at which sites. The concern being that the DOJ might utilize this information to get said funding methods shut down. Paranoid or no, it's probably better safe than sorry. That being said, this is a Canadian bank, so I don't think that concern applies here.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah well I am wondering if this works for the US. There is an allusion above to cashing out in canadian money. Is that cover for a US player?

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]
CIBC is a Canadian bank, so I don't like your chances. You never know, though...maybe check on their website?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:26 PM

So that means we cant use it as americans right? I was under the impression that you can't have a bank account in a foreign country. Can you have a foreign credit card?

Greg
Old 05-10-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So that means we cant use it as americans right? I was under the impression that you can't have a bank account in a foreign country. Can you have a foreign credit card?

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]
No idea...I'm going to guess they'll have online applications. That should answer it, hopefully.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:21 PM

good point. I am just lazy but already realized I would probably get a faster response by just calling.

Regards,
Greg