call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nation,

When you went on and on a few months ago about not being able to switch affiliates for FT rakeback, was it for the team you were going to fund that already had FT accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

no it was so i could get rakeback on my account. unfortunately i made an account long ago and got 10 free bucks for joining. now some affiliate gets all my rb. yay!

[/ QUOTE ]

more importantly, is it at all possible for me to get RB on my FTP account? if not, BOGUS.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need the code when you open your account. More importantly than that, I loved seeing Jim's Orgy get choked out against Ohio State.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:17 AM

I wonder if the standard bot-building infrastructure has been programmed to send follow-up emails when their cash-out checks have been delayed.

Seems to me that would be a useful feature for FT bot developers. Personally, I wouldn't register a bot on FT without it.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 AM

Brandon, you do realize you have been just viewing this form and posting for the last 12 hours about, don't you?

Funny someone with nothing to hide is so concerned...
Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 AM

FWIW, here are more detailed postflop stats.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that I want to learn more about statistics testing, so please point out any mistakes.

As I said, I was just doing a quick test--I didnt' remember the test immediately (something similar for an F-test) so I just did what I wrote. A full test is the best thing to do here, but that would give a false sense of precision. The assumptions in such a test are of iid draws, and we can't say they're identical (as has been said, tweaks to the 'system' had been made, thus removing the first i.) That's the first (and maybe largest thing) that says the SD is underestimated.

[ QUOTE ]
First, I said it fell outside the 95% hypothesis. But I think my results are a bit better than cherrypicking the two most dissimilar results and comparing just those--the issue is with all four of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm picking the two results that have almost equal sample sizes and so whatever strategy the guy made to the playbook would have equally influenced both of them.

First I used a Goodness of Fit test to test the hypothesis that the VPIPs of the 4 players were different:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

That was almost 99% confident. Then somebody said that their strategy could change and therefore make the VPIPs of the two accounts with least played hands differ from the other two. So, I chose the two that had very similar hand samples. Since Trebek datamined randomly and he claimed the players played at almost the same times, we can assume whatever strategy change they made half-way through the game (or quarter through, or w/e) would affect both equally.

That's probably about the best one can do, but it's not perfect.

That's how I did my two sample population proportion test.

Also, like I said, you're rejecting something with 95% confidence based solely on "feel" and looking at them, you don't have any objective way. It seems like the only way you'd reject botting would be if all 4 differed from the mean by more than 3SDs...which to me seems impossible. I really think the flaw is in your test.

Well, one other problem in both of our stuff is that the data is cherrypicked to some extent. The initial accounts were chosen because of their similarity, and the ones you chose happen to involve the one the furthest away from the others.

And I think it would be quite easy for them to be statistically different...my VPiP is about 24% for instance, which is most defintely statistically different than the players in question. And to be honest, if two of them were 3 or more SD away, I'd be willing to say that it would look like they're different (or at least not arising from a bot playing *every* hand). The trouble with 'just' a 2.9 SD result is that if the SD was underestimated by say 25%, then the 2.9 SD result suddenly becomes a 2.3 SD result.

Say for instance there were two algorithms in play here, each accounting for 1/2 of the play. The first plays 13% of hands, the second 15%. The SD expected for 14% (just looking at the mean and assuming the draws came from that distribution) would have sqrt(.14*.86) in the numerator (divided by sqrt n). The actual SD would be larger (ugh, I don't have the correct book to look the formula up, and I can't find a reference on the web for adding two distributions together). the SD becomes larger because for half the data essentially you're shifting 1% closer to the mean, and the other half you get further. And since there's a square in the formula, the 1/2 that gets shifted away adds more than the 1/2 that gets shifted closer. Thus, it could be the SD is underestimated.

[ QUOTE ]
And I've dealt with enough tests to know that 2.5SD while according to the 'book' is enough to reject, especially with other issues going on. It reminds me of a quote from a physics prof here (about physics results): "half of all three sigma results are wrong".

What I'm saying is that 'rejecting' a 2.5 SD result while technically correct is a little quick. A slight tweak or human intervention a little bit could cause this difference, and thus just isn't convincing in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a point that stats tests aren't 100% accurate, and you probably have a ton more experience with stats testing than I do. However, my test was over 2.9SDs away, and one of yours was 2.6, which is more than 2.5.

Generally what I've been taught is that 2 SD means you cant' reject, and with data such as this, you really want at least 3 SD from the mean to reject. The area in the middle is sort of a grey area, where essentially you want more data. That's with Econ type data, where the underlying paramaters can change. The 2 SD would be the correct test statistic if we went forward watching the players play in the future, and their strategy didn't change. Because of the changing of the underlying parameters and how the data was gathered (in the past rather than making a hypothesis and going forward) 2 SD is overestimating the results.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I think you have an extra 0 in there? 3SD is 99%, so shouldn't that be 0.03, not 0.003?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprisingly, no. I think the rule is 68-95-99.5, so 3SDs is approximately 99.5.

I was also surprised to see that it was .003, but you can verify it for yourself on a calc (I actually used the table in the back of my stats book and rounded Z to 2 decimal places).

http://www.fourmilab.ch/rpkp/experim...sis/zCalc.html

Enter Z as -2.675179739, and you'll see it's 0.003734.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I'll claim lateness of the night on that one. or I was thinking of 2.5 and not almost 2.7 or something stupid like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. At least I got something out of this thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now I can move on.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:19 AM

No, no relation. My name isn't affilliated with any Pittsburgh teams, despite the theories. I root for Cleveland teams.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nation,

When you went on and on a few months ago about not being able to switch affiliates for FT rakeback, was it for the team you were going to fund that already had FT accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

no it was so i could get rakeback on my account. unfortunately i made an account long ago and got 10 free bucks for joining. now some affiliate gets all my rb. yay!

[/ QUOTE ]

more importantly, is it at all possible for me to get RB on my FTP account? if not, BOGUS.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need the code when you open your account. More importantly than that, I loved seeing Jim's Orgy get choked out against Ohio State.

[/ QUOTE ]

you bring up a very touchy subject for me and for that I hop you rot in hell or worse, have to live in new jersey for the rest of your life, and even worse be a buckeye you classless piece of [censored]
Old 05-10-2007, 03:21 AM

I should have left this thread long ago, but unfortunately I decided to play online tonight. I'm not posting in this thread anymore, if you guys have problems with me being a mod, bring it up in an ATF thread so I can laugh at you for thinking I'm unethical.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 AM

WOW, how is it even possible to argue against those numbers...

The similarity of those stats is staggering and in NO WAY POSSIBLE could that be the result of four people just playing poker in the same room. I don't care what kind of system you are following, the numbers will not be that identical.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 AM

If I didn't defend myself and my friend, that would be fishy too, according to you folks. Quit contradicting yourselves please.