Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Squeezed Light and Flopped a Draw

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($153.75)
SB ($209.75)
Hero ($146.50)
UTG ($63.85)
MP ($66.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, Button folds, SB calls $12.

Flop: ($36) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $23</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $57</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero. . .</font>

Blah blah blah don't 3bet sc's if you don't know what to do here blah blah yadda yadda.

Villain is the same weird nit from my other post, donkbets a lot, has a 20 (!) AF. Fold? Call and stack him on a club turn? Push?

Also, how do you feel about my flop bet? It's my standard amount for a squeezed pot, but I realized right after getting c/r'd that the stacks are kind of awkward for it. What do you think about checking behind?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Squeezed Light and Flopped a Draw

your committed to calling at least. If i felt I could get him off the hand I would push, but I doubt hes going anywhere.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:24 AM

He's never folding. He has an overpair. Call and stack him if you hit.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has sixes with the 6 of clubs we're a favourite to win a showdown... Even against 8s Hero has 44% equity. And it's not true this guy is never folding, he has an aggression factor of a zillion. This hand plays itself for mine, I shove in a flash.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 AM

He probably pushes PF w/ AA/KK/QQ. It seems obvious that at worst we're looking at a 1 pair sort of hand here (QQ-TT), where you're roughly a 65/35 dog (little more if they have a higher club, little less if they don't). If you think you have 10% FE on a shove, it's approximately even (completely fair assumption). If he has something like AKo, it really IS even, with added FE. Calling seems 'eh', as you completely despise a non-club turn and the pot (~150) is so big that it's probably a larger mistake to fold than it is to just shove (though we know the money isn't going in all that great).

Shove flop, use the hand for metagame purposes.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:12 AM

squeeze play =overated at 0.5/1
Shove here, he either have a set or a medium pair imo.By shoving ur betting line is showing stentgh all the way he will fold most of the time any overpair but AA ,KK and,QQ the amount in the pot and the stacks sizes looks perfect to do so.He will have a hard time to put you on anything elses but AA KK QQ or JJ.Calling is so weak ,when you are making agressive move like squeezeplay preflop you have to back it up by playing agressivly postflop speciallly if you d o that with those suited conectors and end up getting a good draw so that when u ll be making squeezeplays again peoples will think twice before getting involve with u.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:36 AM

You have almost no fold equity here. Call.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:55 AM

I have no idea where the notion that Hero has no fold equity comes from. I wonder if perhaps people are confusing the villain with the original preflop raiser? This is a minimum raise on a 2 3 4 board after a squeeze. Villain has already played the hand weird preflop, and he could easily be trying to take a cheap stab at the pot here.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:06 AM

call and peel (redic. good odds and like zero FE)
if you miss you can still C/f.

Also, I'm curious if villain on the button is stealing a ton over a decent sample size, or he folds to 3 bets a ton... b/c if he isn't, i really don't like the squeeze preflop. especially since he can call with a semi-wide range for implied odds since ur both 150BB deep.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You have almost no fold equity here. Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. He raised pf, called a rrz, and c/r'd your flop. He will never fold and you don't have flush odds to get it all in. Just call.