Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Type of League
Head to Head 17 94.44%
Points 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Live £10 5m: AA on coordinated board facing bet on the river.

Anyone up for analysing a live poker hand? Only a £10 game but interested to know if I played this hand correctly on all streets? Should I call the river bet? Any comments greatly appreciated.

My Image:
That of a tight-aggressive player, but capable of (but rarely) making bluffs from time to time. My opponents see me as a solid player and quite often attempt to push me off hands especially when the flop comes ragged.

Read on Villain:
I have played about 4 nights (16 hours) with Villain and know him to be very loose preflop. He likes to play a lot of hands preflop and calls raises liberally in an attempt to flop a ''hard to read'' monster and stack someone. In this respect he appears to wait until he has hit a big hand until he commits all his chips to the pot, his bluffs are normally small stabs at the pot when he thinks the other player has missed.

Villain is also stoned and has had a few big hands during the session and on those occasions tried to talk the opponents into calling by giving chat like ''Go on, pay me off''. This is something I have only seen him do on this night, he hasn't done it prior to tonight so I am unsure how strong a tell this is or if he is capable of reversing it.

Live Home Game
No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
Blinds: £0.05/£0.10
5 Players
Converted by Hand

Stack Sizes:
SB: £20
BB: £10
UTG (Hero): £7.65
CO: £10
Button (Villain): £20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to £0.40</font>, CO folds, Button calls £0.40, SB folds, BB calls £0.40.
<font color="blue">When Villain calls my raise he jokingly makes the comment "I'm going to try and draw out on your Aces". Little does he know that he actually is up against bullets but I believe the part about him trying to draw out on me, so at this point I believe he could have anything suited or remotely connected or A-rag.</font>

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (£1.25, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets £0.80</font>, Button calls £0.80, BB folds.
<font color="blue">The 2/3 pot-size bet is deliberate here because in a previous hand I c-bet into an A high board with T6o following a purely positional raise on the button (and showed the bluff), so I bet the exact same amount into the same size pot to make my bet look like a c-bet with overcards.</font>

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (£2.85, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets £1.60</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to £3.20</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">The T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a horrible card completing every draw under the sun, which this guy could easily have had on the flop. However, I don't want to show any weakness as this would likely lead to me facing a large bet, so I lead out again. He raises me instantly to £3 and I don't think he realises it is an under raise and has to put in £0.20 more. My gut feeling here is that I am behind to a made flush, but I hold the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (had to check my cards again, but don't think he noticed) and he is giving me nearly 5 to 1 odds to draw, so I call, leaving £3.25 back.</font>

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (£9.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets £3.20</font>, Hero?
<font color="blue">When he bets he says ''£3.20'' but throws forward more than £4, it pretty much puts me all-in either way but he looked like he wanted to bet more. Like I said my gut feeling is that he had me beaten on the turn, the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] put four to a straight on the board but I don't see how it makes a great deal of difference since I thought he had made his hand anyway, it's the flush I am most concerned about.

But something else now happens...he pulls the hood of his hoodie over his head Phil ''The Unabomber'' Laak style, there's none of the chat he has been giving over the last couple of hours when he has had a big hand, which makes me think he may be bluffing here. I think he may be weak and I'm getting nearly 4 to 1 pot odds but the board is horrendous and I have never seen him make this ''back alley mugging, bet on a scare card'' kind of play before. Would you fold or call?</font>