Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Baseball Cards: Help me restore my youth.

just opened the box - no Griffey (curiously, no card numbered 1-10 - my shot at a Luis Medina rookie was not to be), but a Sheffield, a Randy Johnson, and two John Smoltzs - the high number set also contains the rookie of Kevin Brown and Edgar Martinez - I got one of each.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just opened the box - no Griffey (curiously, no card numbered 1-10 - my shot at a Luis Medina rookie was not to be), but a Sheffield, a Randy Johnson, and two John Smoltzs - the high number set also contains the rookie of Kevin Brown and Edgar Martinez - I got one of each.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Kevin Brown's RC is in the '87 sets. Donruss for sure, not as sure about Fleer.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Good news, bad news.

Good news: I purchased some cards

Bad news: It's because I'm running bad at poker. When this happens I get the urge to spend money.

1989 Score Barry Sanders
BGS 8.5 ($19.50)

Old 05-09-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if there is a market, but just wanted to say that I enjoy seeing the pics so keep them coming if you have the energy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a unused ticket my dad just recently sold on ebay for about $20. It was in perfect condition.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 PM

Hey just saw this thread. On the side I operate an online business on eBay buying and selling baseball cards. I would be happy to help anyone out that needed some guidance.

Unfortunately, I have some bad news for most of you. I noticed alot of you saying that you have complete sets etc from the 80s. Most of this is basically worthless today. Baseball cards in the 1980s were extremely mass produced and thus have decreased in value substantially over time.

Any other questions post em here or PM. Happy to help!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 PM

At what price is a 36 pack (6 per) box of 2007 Topps Opening Day +EV? I paid about $25 for one. It seemed like a good deal since some were going for around $35, but I dunno.

This thread got me back into collecting somewhat. I don't know whether to say "thank you" or "[censored] you".
Old 05-09-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At what price is a 36 pack (6 per) box of 2007 Topps Opening Day +EV? I paid about $25 for one. It seemed like a good deal since some were going for around $35, but I dunno.

This thread got me back into collecting somewhat. I don't know whether to say "thank you" or "[censored] you".

[/ QUOTE ]

Regular base Topps pretty much only is popular amongst kids and set collectors now. Topps has been trying to spice up their base products with stupid gimmicks of late but have hear of nothing in 07 Topps thus far.