Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: How do you handle these situations?

Ok guys, thanks for the responses. It looks like the consensus is to just play it off or handle it politely, which I definitely did not do. I kind of blew up at her and said "would you stop accusing us of colluding" in a really pissed off voice, which probably wasn't the best course of action. She apologized and said that wasn't what she was implying (haha nice try you dirty liar), her dealer friend defended her, and I decided it wasn't worth it and let her off the hook, and we all hugged and kissed and sang campfire songs.

Would calling the floor be an ok option, maybe politely ask him to explain to her why accusing people of cheating is not a good idea? That way I can stay out of it and no feathers get ruffled.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:27 PM

It was so much easier 150 years ago. After the first time she said something, you would just start using your Smith & Wesson as your card protector.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:10 PM

I like. "If you buy me in then I will play the way you want until then I will play MY chips as I see fit." I would talk to the floor about the dealer comment on the tip.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing I can imagine a dealer doing that is more offensive then that.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about if a dealer jumped on the table, ripped off his pants, and let out a whole stream of Hershey squirts while disucssing in detail the various ways he violated your mother the night before?

Classless, yes. Tacky, for sure. Grounds for reporting, perhaps. But offensive? Hardly. Y'all are over-sensitive if you get personally offended at such a thing.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How about if a dealer jumped on the table, ripped off his pants, and let out a whole stream of Hershey squirts while disucssing in detail the various ways he violated your mother the night before?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you heard about George at Bay101 last Friday?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 PM

You don't sound like an "overtipper."
Old 05-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Matt,

fair enough. I tip every hand though, I tip if I screw up, I tip if dealers are funny, I tip extra if they are good or if I just like them, I tip huge if I suckout like crazy, and I sometimes get drunk, play every hand, and tip 1/2 pots when I win. SUCK ON THAT
Old 05-08-2007, 06:19 PM

... I stand corrected. lol
Old 05-09-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys, thanks for the responses. It looks like the consensus is to just play it off or handle it politely, which I definitely did not do. I kind of blew up at her and said "would you stop accusing us of colluding" in a really pissed off voice, which probably wasn't the best course of action. She apologized and said that wasn't what she was implying (haha nice try you dirty liar), her dealer friend defended her, and I decided it wasn't worth it and let her off the hook, and we all hugged and kissed and sang campfire songs.

Would calling the floor be an ok option, maybe politely ask him to explain to her why accusing people of cheating is not a good idea? That way I can stay out of it and no feathers get ruffled.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're playing NL1/2. Keep things in perspective. The stakes are low and most of the players aren't really wanting to take the game all that seriously. If you call the floor, you'll sully everyone's mood--you REALLY think nobody's feather's will be ruffled when you demand the dealer call the floor and then explain to the floor that a player down there is accusing you of collusion? That's likely going to cause at least as much trouble and perhaps more than your direct impolite response. And it will be of no benefit to you whatsoever.

If you have the right personality, humor works wonders. Failing that, sarcasm can sometimes help ("oh yeah, I'm trying to isolate to chop a $3 pot by reraising my friend"). Or just silence with a smile. Just don't get nasty; that's about the worst choice unless you just get enjoyment from pointless confrontations.