Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: AI season 6 winner =

[ QUOTE ]
Analyst:

[ QUOTE ]
Jordan has glaring technical flaws

[/ QUOTE ]

She really does... again I've been pimping Jordin hard since the beginning, but her technical deficiencies (this is important, because when you execute well technically you actually sound much, much better) were glaring on "Woman in Love". Her breathing was horrid, she was gasping for air and couldn't push through her phrases. Really bad performance, sounded like [censored]. Go listen to Barbara Streisand sing that song, the way it should be executed.

I love Jordin's voice and tone but she needs to get a good voice teacher and develop a better musical ear.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the Jordan bashing seriously amusing.

The girl is 17 !!!!!

Does she have lot's to learn ? Totally.

But does she have an amazing voice ? Absolutely.

One of the best "raw" voices ever on A.I. ? Absolutely in my opinion.

Do you guys think Barry Gibb is tone deaf ? The guy said that he thinks she's is gonna be one of the great recording voices of the near future . . and to me that is saying something.

The biggest problem that I think these contestants (lakisha and Jordan especially) are having is in dealing with the band over powering them. Someone mentioned this a few weeks ago where the band seems much much louder at certain times. I noticed it a lot last night where the contestants were "yelling" to try and sing above the sound of the band.

For me it was the most pronounced on Jordan's second song. Go back and listen to the difference in the level of the band between her first and her second song. The band was so loud during her second song that at times you could barely hear her sing. When I listened to her studio stuff with Barry Gibb she sounded amazing and then she comes out and was all over the place during the live performance. Doesn't make any sense to me other than the effect that the band had.

Seriously, the band and the arrangement was brutal during her second song. Look at her face while she is singing and it almost looks like she is in pain trying to sing above the band.

I've noticed a tonne of times this season, the contestant will turn and look at the band as if to say "what the fxxk" ? Blake does this a lot.

This also may be why Lakisha seems to "yell" a lot during certain songs.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: AI season 6 winner =

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think Barry Gibb is tone deaf ? The guy said that he thinks she's is gonna be one of the great recording voices of the near future . . and to me that is saying something.

[/ QUOTE ]

this touches on something that i was trying to discuss when i asked the poster why my opinion that taylor is the next bob dylan, is absurd.

while barry gibb certainly has an edge over most of us in knowing what will sell, and what won't sell, it clearly is nothing but opinion. the music business might be one of the most subjective things in the world. i.e. barry's comment to me sounds absurd because i don't like jordin's voice. however, my comparison of dylan to hicks sounds absurd to many because they can't stand the sound of taylor's voice. (i can't tell you how many people OLD like granny think that dylan is a slurring, talentless hack)

it is all personal opinion. anyone trying to make an objective point on a subjective subject is the one being absurd if they don't recognize all of this as pure personal opinion. absurdity is in the ear of the beholder. it is NOT black and white. your trash = my treasure and vice-versa.