Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: I moved to 8/16 at The Bike, I didn\'t realize it played like 3/6.

[ QUOTE ]
Advice - play 9/18 at Commerce instead. Its loose aggressive/loose passive mixed - and an amazing game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I notice a lot of 3/6 abd 4/8 players on the board for 9/18 at Commerce. I will give it a try.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:56 PM

Thanks for all the tips. Chillrob, were you there on Sat?

TT and others, I know that a lot of these players know each other. I am kind of the wild card since I only show up every 2 months or so at any given place. It is kind of funny when I sit at a table and 8 players know each other and I am the stranger. I go to Fresno a lot and play at Club One and it is even better with the locals there. I even stopped at Clovis 500 and got a real good reaction when I was the only guy raising in the game.

Anyway, I liked the game, finished up for the session so I am happy. I folded hands for the first 2.5 hours before I got some good cards. Only one lucky big blind special before that. I will take a look at the 15/30, 9/18 and anything else around that in LA and surrounding areas.

Again, thanks for the tips.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:18 PM

No, I wasn't there this past weekend - I was there the previous weekend, on Friday April 27th and Sunday the 29. Inbetween and some the previous weekend I was at San Manuel. I don't live in CA but have been in town a lot for work in the past year, was working around Highland two weekends in April.

The 6/12 at San Manuel was pretty good but they only seem to have one table going and it was a long wait when I was there. They have a 9/18 on the board but I hear it hardly ever goes since they started the NL tables. They usually had two 15/30 tables going - I watched them a bit and they didn't look too tough, but as with their other games of 4/8 and higher it was a full kill, and the idea of playing 30/60 for some of the hands freaked me out.