Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: KK vs. AA?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the first reraise. Most villains at these stakes aren't going to put 12 cents into a pot with one pair unimproved. I read this guy as having three of a kind or better, just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Three of a kind is tough, since they haven't seen a flop yet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Push it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's irony right?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the first reraise. Most villains at these stakes aren't going to put 12 cents into a pot with one pair unimproved. I read this guy as having three of a kind or better, just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

hearty lol
Old 05-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the replies to my post. I wondered whether my pre-flop re-raise was ok, my alternative was to call the re-raise and see the flop. Would calling be a good or inferior move here?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM

Make it $0.10 with your 1st raise and then shove when he re-raises. If he has AA than NH. You cannot fold KK for less than 100 bbs here.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 AM

My 2 cents. I'm getting sick of everyone saying laying down KK's pf is wrong. That is nonsense. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but that's fine. In my last 70 KK hands, I have run into AA's seven times and gotten stacked all of them. Six of those seven times, we got it all in preflop.

All of this is meaningless without talking about how often I get 4bet or 5bet pf at the stakes I play which is 25NL on UB. And the answer is, almost never unless it's a shorstack which doesn't factor in to my argument. The bottom line is that the people I play with just aren't that agressive preflop. There are some that I just won't lay down KK's to of course. But even the LAGgy players don't get very crazy preflop in my games unless they are of the maniacal variety. When I get 4bet pf from a 20/7/1 guy, I'm sorry but that is AA's a lot. My winrate with KK's is diving mostly due to variance of course. KK's vs AA's should occur far less often than seven out of 70 times. I have no problem with this.

To finish this argument, we have to talk about how often I get KK's in preflop as a favorite. When I 4bet, I can't even recall the last time vs a full stack. I also find a large portion of my 3bets result in folds. This may be a function of my TAgish stats 18/13.

In conclusion, you can say it's variance or whatever. At the games on the site I play, people simply aren't that agressive pf without the goods vs me and my image.

Certainly all of this may not apply at other sites, limits, playing styles etc.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my last 70 KK hands, I have run into AA's seven times

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopped reading here.

That's just variance you're whining about.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My 2 cents. I'm getting sick of everyone saying laying down KK's pf is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is wrong to fold KK in this situation. There are circumstances where you should seriously consider laying down KK pre-flop, but at a NL$25 table you would be hard pressed to find one of them.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Ok, I feel better after reading the general opinion is to push here. I did push in this hand, villain turned AA, and took a chunk from my stack.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 PM

on penny tables this can be anything from 22 to Aj off. especially call since he is short
Old 05-09-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on penny tables this can be anything from 22 to Aj off. especially call since he is short

[/ QUOTE ]
This range is way too tight. I put him on top 60% + some random bluffs thrown in.