Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: The Day Wickss Life Changes Forever

[ QUOTE ]
Guys please stop talking about the omaha daleroxxu pasted. It was just some nonsense about dale and i joining wickss his game, i dont know crap about omhaha. I do agree that you should bet such hands, most people will call you down cuz they dont know crap about omaha just like me

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason it's being discussed has nothing to do with you
Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering, what is his ROI/stakes at this moment? Has he moved up to $27 SNGs? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]11.8% at the 6.5s. 14ptbb/100 at $25 PLO over 25,000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you considering to move up to 16s? I think you have enough BR for it. By the way, never mind those haters. They just don't have guts to achieve their dream and laugh at others who dares to start from baby step
Best luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering, what is his ROI/stakes at this moment? Has he moved up to $27 SNGs? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]11.8% at the 6.5s. 14ptbb/100 at $25 PLO over 25,000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you considering to move up to 16s? I think you have enough BR for it. By the way, never mind those haters. They just don't have guts to achieve their dream and laugh at others who dares to start from baby step
Best luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I'll probably move up after I have at least 15% ROI at this level and experiment with SNGPT a bit.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:07 AM

Wickks,

I played on UB not long ago, I would recommend maybe playing the $20 turbos - I have a large PT database of players at that level. Let me know if you are interested.

Playing the 20s will allow you to clear your large bonus $ you mentioned - clear that, you will maybe have $1000 your profits, and withdraw $500 for Papa Johns/Other ballin expenditures , and take a shot at the 33s or 55s with 10 buyins.

I might even rail a few tables and copy/paste certain opponents notes for you to have - the lists on some of the regs are extensive

PM me about this ify ou want
Old 05-09-2007, 08:56 AM

have the backers put wicks in the stars weekly big PLO tournament.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 AM

There's no way he should be playing $20 sngs at this point. While 50 or 60 buyins is fine for most online players who have a job that guarantees them a reliable source of income, that type of roll is fine. For someone who depends on their bankroll not only to play poker, but to live, you need to be more cautious.

Money has to come out of that bankroll to pay bills - rent, utilities, and the ever-increasing Papa John's tab - and based on what he's said in the previous thread he's taking out something like $300 to $400 per week for those expenses. That means he's got a total of 3 to 4 weeks worth of expenses covered.

Stay the course and build the roll until you have more cushion to work with. You have access to some of the best poker resources and advisors that money can buy and they aren't even charging you for it. Bigjoe, z32, goggles, kibby . . . the list goes on and on. People pay a lot of money to get coaching from far less talented players.

If you take up their offers, you could legitimately parlay this into a six figure yearly salary (just ask some of the people bigjoe and z32 have taught in the past). If you don't take them up on their offers, frankly you're an idiot.

Basically what I'm saying is don't let the hype and circus-style antics of the thread distract you from taking advantage of the opportunity of a lifetime. Don't blow your bankroll playing games at levels you have no business playing. Don't get involved in stupid stunts that can result in you going broke.

Have fun, make jokes, but realize what you have here and make the best of it.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:36 PM

good advice terrel, the biggest obstacle wickss has to conquer br management- and not give up to temptation.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:55 PM

2+2 sleeper....love the thread.

Who is the bigger star wickss or mj?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:14 PM

I could use daily bankroll updates wickss.......