Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: KQs UTG+1 level 2 stuper

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah.. you played it wrong. Your play only makes sense if you think he's bet/folding something you beat here. That would require him having Ax on the flop.. which makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it make no sense for him to have Ax here following a float of Betgo's c-bet? I personally like this play but only if my opponent is one who I've seen float a c-bet previously. If I'm villain and know you've seen me float before and thus might have been checking strength on the turn such as AK, I fold AT or worse.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:50 AM

Well, I thought villain was trying to take the pot with the pot sized bet, and it didn't seem obvious what he had that was ahead, so I thought there was a good chance I was ahead. If not, I have 14 outs to improve and 7 outs to the nuts.

I don't know if that makes sense. I see the point that I don't get a hand that is ahead to fold. Maybe it is better to call and check/call the river if I don't improve.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah.. you played it wrong. Your play only makes sense if you think he's bet/folding something you beat here. That would require him having Ax on the flop.. which makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it also may make sense if you are scared he may bluff the river with enough frequency without ever planning to call said bluff. But okay I wouldn't really do it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it make no sense for him to have Ax here following a float of Betgo's c-bet? I personally like this play but only if my opponent is one who I've seen float a c-bet previously. If I'm villain and know you've seen me float before and thus might have been checking strength on the turn such as AK, I fold AT or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people don't float the flop with Ax with 3 people left to act.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I thought villain was trying to take the pot with the pot sized bet, and it didn't seem obvious what he had that was ahead, so I thought there was a good chance I was ahead. If not, I have 14 outs to improve and 7 outs to the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

So villain's trying to take the pot away and never has that many outs to beat you....

Oh wait, villain started the hand with only half a starting stack. Fold turn.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people don't float the flop with Ax with 3 people left to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but most people wouldn't be so dumb as to reply in the first place without fully reading OP; however, I am so dumb and maybe so is Villain. Lol. Point well taken
Old 05-09-2007, 01:57 AM

Betgo, when you think you are ahead and you also have the nut flush draw that's generally a bad time to try to push your opponent off his worse hand.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betgo, when you think you are ahead and you also have the nut flush draw that's generally a bad time to try to push your opponent off his worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok but if you are going to fold to a river bet, you are giving your opponent the oppurtunity to bluff.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The pot is 930 if I flat call and I am pushing for 600 more. Why put myself in a difficult situation if I miss on the river? If he behind, he probably has outs, so why let him draw if he will fold to the push?