Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Using \'The Deuce\' to get around LV

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Steam - Nobody lives on the strip, there are no homes available. If you dont have a car you have to rely on other sources of transport because the walk is generally too far unless you want to live in a crack den on Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was on vacation or just a short term poker trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I misread your post.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:05 PM

Default I <3 public transportation...

...but I still prefer taking cabs in Vegas. Like Bav said, it feels wrong wasting time waiting for a bus on vacation with all that action going on.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of things in this world that I don't understand, and this is one of them. What limits do you plan to play if you have to stay in a dive and ride the Deuce?

Wouldn't you be better served to find a deal on the strip where you can walk to other poker rooms and are much less likely to get killed?

I hope you don't think I am trolling you, I am really curious about how much you will save balanced against travel costs &amp; safety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Staying in Downtown is much less expensive than the Strip, especially during the weekend (not counting the Sahara area of the strip).

The money I save will probably not be worth the time wasted waiting for/traveling on the bus. I was just looking into the Deuce as a possible way to get around Vegas.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 PM

Most people who care about their time seem to not like the Deuce. When I consider staying DT, I factor cabs in and out as part of the hotel rate. I still think you're in good shape moneywise versus the Strip, particularly on the weekend. Timewise, if you're playing at the Ex and staying mid-Strip, the cab to DT is probably faster than walking the Strip. If you're staying Mid-Strip and playing the V, Caesar's, and Mirage probably not.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Go to Priceline, rent a car.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 PM

ApeAttack,

I spent plenty of time on the Deuce this summer, although only on the strip between Excalibur and the Wynn.

The Deuce buses are MUCH nicer than the regular ones that run off the strip. They're clean and comfortable, and most of the patrons are tourists who stay on the strip, so the people are clean as well. The buses have two decks. I think there was only one time all summer that a bus was too full for me to get on, but there was another one right behind it.

Like most buses, they run inconsistantly. Sometimes the wait is only a few minutes, sometimes it's 20. My longest wait was probably ~30 minutes.

All in all, it's an acceptable form of transportation. But I agree with others; vacations are so expensive, why waste time waiting for the bus? If you need to get downtown and the Duece is right there, by all means hop on for $2. But for the most part I would take cabs. Or rent a car.