Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

[ QUOTE ]
KILL AUGIE

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-08-2007, 03:57 PM

KILL FATALERROR
Old 05-08-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I suspected, no discipline. Instead of getting all emotional, stay calm, cool, collected, and play optimal strategy against them when appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really detest the fact that people say things like this. its not the fact that playing against the actual short stacks themselves isnt profitable, because almost all of theme are complete retards, and if everyone sat 20x id still make plenty of money. the problem is, that the proper strategy requires you to nit up to a retarded level so that they dont have a ton of fold equity on their resteals. this makes games play much tighter, which is just awful for poker in general when people are gambooling it up. i dont really have a problem playing against just short stacks, i have a problem when my fish get mad and leave because of said short stacks and the nittiness of the games.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to organize anything, why not organize a strategy discussion on how to most effectively play against them, so you can start to weed them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm....this is a horrible idea

most shorties do, in fact, suck and play very far from an optimal strategy.

A detailed thread outlying correct strategy verse a good shortstacker necessarily lets everyone know good shortstack strategy.

If you think the games are flooded now, just wait until that is out there.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I suspected, no discipline. Instead of getting all emotional, stay calm, cool, collected, and play optimal strategy against them when appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really detest the fact that people say things like this. its not the fact that playing against the actual short stacks themselves isnt profitable, because almost all of theme are complete retards, and if everyone sat 20x id still make plenty of money. the problem is, that the proper strategy requires you to nit up to a retarded level so that they dont have a ton of fold equity on their resteals. this makes games play much tighter, which is just awful for poker in general when people are gambooling it up. i dont really have a problem playing against just short stacks, i have a problem when my fish get mad and leave because of said short stacks and the nittiness of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly. I've been sitting 300bb deep HU against a fish and then had a dude come and sit with 30bb. I ask them if they can please let us play HU and they of course ignore the request. Then another dude sits with 20bb. Then the fish takes his 300bb and leaves. Wow, if only I knew how to play profitably against short stackers, this wouldn't be a problem. I should probably just shut up and stop being emotional.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:57 PM

these threads are why i started shorstacking, not only to make money without thinking but to piss off the regs cause its humerous when they go off in chat. I think these threads just encourage it more even though many of you dont believe so
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to organize anything, why not organize a strategy discussion on how to most effectively play against them, so you can start to weed them out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because they are retards that ruin the games and the 2p2ers in the games already know how to play well against them. But they make all their money off the fish. So they won't go away. And they won't burn in a grease fire like they are supposed to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen on here countless times, HSNL regs calling shorties all-in w/garbage like 96s to, "just get rid of them."

And you do realize the ssers aren't exclusively at the hi stakes tables, right? They are just as prevelant, if not more so, at low- and mid-stakes tables, and I don't see all sorts of outrage in those forums (maybe I've missed it). Sure, ssers can be annoying at any stakes, but they're pretty easy to deal with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure the entire universe hates imsakidd for ss'ing stars, and kursoh for ss'ing ftp.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are plenty of tables with only full stacks only going at any given time, I don't mind them
Old 05-08-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these threads are why i started shorstacking, not only to make money without thinking but to piss off the regs cause its humerous when they go off in chat. I think these threads just encourage it more even though many of you dont believe so

[/ QUOTE ]

swordfight for lives?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm....this is a horrible idea

most shorties do, in fact, suck and play very far from an optimal strategy.

A detailed thread outlying correct strategy verse a good shortstacker necessarily lets everyone know good shortstack strategy.

If you think the games are flooded now, just wait until that is out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i wasn't talking about on a public forum.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM

raptor explained it perfectly - it also severely disrupts positional advantage/disadvantage at tables as well.

playing against shortstacks isn't hard. playing against shortstacks, full stacks, and deep stacks is hard, because what's -EV against one is +EV against another PF.