Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Hows my line? both streets

No real reads except he liked to see a lot of hands, and raised only his best hands.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $26
BB: $56.75
UTG: $72.15
MP: $43.50
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $30.75</font>
BTN: $77.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.40, BB folds, MP calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $16</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $29.25</font>
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Hows my line? both streets

Hm, I don't really like your all-in here. Pre-flop raise and flop bet are fine IMO.

I don't think you've got any folding equity here. Villain 'only' has to call another $13 in a $50 pot. He loves his hand, so you can expect a call 99% of the time here.

Chances are he's on a flushdraw himself, which is likely higher than your flushdraw. If that's the case you've got to dodge a lot of cards (the diamonds, and the overcard(s) villain holds).

I think I would (should?) fold here...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:05 AM

Preflop raise is a little above standard, but fine as long as your consistent.

I'm hesitant on the flop. You're in okay shape against an overpair, but I really doubt Villain has one based on preflop action.
He does this with a set, a flush draw, maybe AQ, and sometimes air. You're slightly ahead of most flush draws and about even against AQ (behind if he has Ad). Considerably behind the sets. He's priced in to call once you raise, so you only fold air and maybe some AQ.

Very risky, but I don't know if I can fold here.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:08 AM

When you say that he only raised his best hand, you probably imply that he will only raise made hands. If that's your idea of his play, you can play it this way. It's a gamble, though.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No real reads except he liked to see a lot of hands, and raised only his best hands.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $26
BB: $56.75
UTG: $72.15
MP: $43.50
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $30.75</font>
BTN: $77.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.40, BB folds, MP calls $1.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $16</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $29.25</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the PFR. I know others have called it "marginal", but quite honestly, if someone limps in front of you, you probably should just be doing the same. I wouldn't mind on the button if it was folded to you, or in the CO as a way to mix up your play, but if you consistently do this, I don't think it's a very good idea.

Flop is fine. You don't have a hell of a lot of FE, but you're going to want to get this in anyway. If he has a set, so be it, but this could very well also be a strong Q trying to fight back. This is NOT a fold.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 AM

PF is fine i think. i dont like the push on the flop though. Cbet is standard but then villian c/r you something fierce. your read is that he only raises his best hands. if you want to ignore your read, if he has two flush cards, you are ahead with the pair of 9's, if he doesnt have two diamonds, you are probably behind a Q. his check/call preflop says he probably doesnt have whiffed overcards or a big PP. i think i would fold to the raise since you dont have a ton of money invested into the pot, you are a baby flush draw that he most likely has dominated if he has two diamonds, and if he has a queen, you are hoping to suckout with the flush. i dont see him folding to the push so all it did was get your money in the pot with a likely second best holding.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 AM

I like it villain only limp called which leads me to believe he is bad and will get it in with a wider range than what people are thinking.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm, I don't really like your all-in here. Pre-flop raise and flop bet are fine IMO.

I don't think you've got any folding equity here. Villain 'only' has to call another $13 in a $50 pot. He loves his hand, so you can expect a call 99% of the time here.

Chances are he's on a flushdraw himself, which is likely higher than your flushdraw. If that's the case you've got to dodge a lot of cards (the diamonds, and the overcard(s) villain holds).

I think I would (should?) fold here...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a flush draw, i'm ahead, i'd love him to turn that hand over.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:02 PM

what do you think of this range for villain? gives you 46% equity (below is QQ, 33, Q9+ and some ace high flush draws). Even if we get rid of Q9-QJ and KJ diamonds, you're still at 45%.

Assuming he never folds, and assuming we narrow his range down to AQo, AQs, KQs, KQo, 33/QQ, your push is roughly $3 +EV because you are still about a 45% dog to his range.

QcQh,QcQs,QhQs
3c3h,3c3s,3h3s
AdKd,AcQc,AhQh,AsQs
AdJd
AdTd
Ad8d
KcQc
KhQh
KsQs
KdJd
QcJc,QhJh,QsJs
QcTc,QhTh,QsTs
Qc9c,Qh9h,Qs9s
AcQh,AcQs,AdQc,AdQh,AdQs,AhQc,AhQs,AsQc,AsQh
KcQh,KcQs,KdQc,KdQh,KdQs,KhQc,KhQs,KsQc,KsQh
QcJd,QcJh,QcJs,QhJc,QhJd,QhJs,QsJc,QsJd,QsJh
QcTd,QcTh,QcTs,QhTc,QhTd,QhTs,QsTc,QsTd,QsTh
Qc9d,Qc9h,Qc9s,Qh9c,Qh9d,Qh9s,Qs9c,Qs9d,Qs9h
Old 05-08-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the PFR. I know others have called it "marginal", but quite honestly, if someone limps in front of you, you probably should just be doing the same. I wouldn't mind on the button if it was folded to you, or in the CO as a way to mix up your play, but if you consistently do this, I don't think it's a very good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the CO, and i don't always do this, but i believe in the words of Tien.

Raise that [censored] up.

People are more willing to go broke in raised pots, or i can take it down with a c-bet quite often

In this situation, i'm ahead of most hands, and just less then a coin flip againts others.

Plus, if this hand goes to show down, that's good meta game, and againts bad players that don't know the strength of a pair and a flush draw, that's even more meta game.