Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: 25nl: A little lost with JJ

His reraising range will probably be somewhere around 4-5. I.e. TT+, AK, AQ. If you raise him here, he will call/push with the pairs that have you crushed and fold his overs, because he just doesn't call. So you lose a lot if he has you crushed and win nothing extra if you are ahead. So just call. If another club or an overcard comes or he keeps on betting hard, you have to fold though.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 AM

I call here and probs fold the turn to further pressure.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:16 AM

Anybody else 4-bet this pf? Your opening range is obv. huge and if he's decent he knows this. Plus his 3-bet seems a little weak.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:23 AM

Call. Hope for a blank. Bet if he checks. Get it in if he bets turn. This guy seems aggro enough for that to be okay.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:24 AM

OP didn't say much about how he played his hands in the past. So I don't know why his opening range is obv. huge in the eyes of villain. Moreover OP said that villain gave a solid impression. So I don't think that he is reraising light. Since OP has position, I think calling is a good choice. If OP 4bets and villain pushes, his range is a) pretty narrow and b) OP loses all his positonal advantage. I think calling and looking at the flop is good.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 AM

"Anybody else 4-bet this pf? Your opening range is obv. huge and if he's decent he knows this. Plus his 3-bet seems a little weak."

yup i think this might be a good idea. 4-betting solves a lot of problems postflop but u need to have a good idea of where ur opponent is at
Old 05-08-2007, 10:03 AM

Yeah that's part of the problem, this is only the 4th orbit I've played with villain. I had a few hands on villain, but they were from a previous table. My range from the button is obviously huge, but I doubt the villain would know that after so few hands. I like the idea of 4-betting pre, and as played I think call and reassess on the turn is a good plan as well. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 AM

Well, I still don't like the 4bet: if he isn't reraising lightly, but solid and aware that he is oop, his range will have you in a flip or dominated most of the time when he pushes over your 4bet. If he actually is reraising lightly, you let him get away with his sub-par hand.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:18 AM

i'm trying to remember the last time someone 3bet me pf at stars 25nl without AA or KK. well, i guess there was this time back in february when a guy did it with QQ.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:22 AM

Well, I had someone do it with KQ last night...and in this particular hand the guy had AKo, so it happens.

I ended up convincing myself that his range was huge and shoving the flop (not enough $ to make any other kind of raise.) He called with AsKc, so it was a straight flip. I didn't post this because of the result. I posted it because, although it worked out well enough, I thought my flop decision sucked, and I wanted to find a better way.