Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Clemens signed with the Yankees

Why are we talking about all these injured Yankees pictures, while still leaving Tavarez in the Red Sox rotation when Jon Lester is coming back? I've seen Hughes pitch twice...once in a minor league all-star game, and once in his major league debut, and both times he got lit up (I missed the no-hitter/injury game). All I need to do is continue watching his games & he will continue to suck (LDO). How is Pettite the 5th starter? I'd say he's the Yankees 2nd best starter, behind only Wang. He's less in decline than Mussina & Clemens, and more polished than Hughes. The Red Sox rotation is far better than the Yankees potential rotation. The only problem is that the Yankees have the better lineup. Fortunately the Yankees have A-Rod however, and therefore will never win a championship. Also, the Yankees bullpen is embarassingly bad & there are no Roger Clemens-type relievers out there waiting to get paid $28 milly.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:53 AM

Phil Garner was on Mike and Mike talking about Clemens and the effect a part time player has on a team. It was funny, becasue Clemens always said he was doing it so he "could spend more time with his family". Then, the players would be on a road trip, without Clemens obviuosly, and turn on the TV and see his fat head playing in a golf tournament in California. lol. (Aren't his kids still in Texas?)

Also, Mussina gave Clemens current ability a little dig as well calling him a 3rd or 4th starter.

Hilarity.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the year he finally breaks down and looks 45 years old? If not this year, when? He can't keep this up forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, if the Red Sox signed him, you would be saying the exact same thing. You aren't biased towards a certain opinion or anything
Old 05-08-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, Mussina gave Clemens current ability a little dig as well calling him a 3rd or 4th starter.

Hilarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did Mussina become this sh*t-talking juggernaut? Didn't he also lambaste A-Rod? lol.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:40 PM

Keep in mind that most of the people who are saying that the Yankees have the best rotation in baseball would also be the first to say that they have one of the worst defenses as well.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hilarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did Mussina become this sh*t-talking juggernaut? Didn't he also lambaste A-Rod? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he f***ed pretty hard with Pavano when he hid his injury.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hilarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he f***ed pretty hard with Pavano when he hid his injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right - he did. LOLMUSSINAMENTS!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the year he finally breaks down and looks 45 years old? If not this year, when? He can't keep this up forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, if the Red Sox signed him, you would be saying the exact same thing. You aren't biased towards a certain opinion or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be thinking the same thing. It's just logical. Sorry you cannot see that.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:28 PM

what exactly has dice k dont besides put of good numbers against garbage hitters for 10 years?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what exactly has dice k dont besides put of good numbers against garbage hitters for 10 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

put up an ERA over 5 against major league hitters LDO.

anyone who has watched him pitch this year knows he has dirty, filthy, disgusting stuff. he's got to stop trying to strike everyone out, resolve his control issues and adjust to the strike zone here. when will he do that? probably this year or next. in the meantime he'll probably be beckett 2006 redux, alternating between amazing and terrible.