Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: NL25 Video From MSNLer

I'm happy to make a deepstacked video, but I think other videos would be more helpful since many of the hands posted in uNL seem to be with much smaller stack sizes (though there are some 200+ BB's deep). The idea is how to play aggressively for 100BB's so you can get deepstacke. Once I've made another vid starting with 100BB's or put up the first take, then I can go ahead and make a deep stack vid, though it is a little artificial since buying in for 200BB's is way different than doubling your stack at a table and building history with the opponents etc...But I do think that's a good idea on your part.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM

Interesting idea, but imho not suited for uNL videos. Playing a 100BB stack is the bread and butter of most here, and there are a lot of dynamics to be explored here, so no need to make matters more complicated by analysing situations that most never play.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:39 AM

Any idea when you'll have time to post another video.

So far this has transformed my game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Nice vid, shot you a PM. I plan on watching it a couple more times and hopefully I can improve on learnign this new gear.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:39 PM

OP,
60/40 types like you are the bane of my existence. I look at their stats and say ZOMG MANIAC but then they turn out to be decent postflop and I end up generally avoiding them unless they're seated to my right (then they usually leave pretty quickly because I start 3betting them so thin it makes their head spin)

What would be a good counterstrategy against this type of player that has position on you? When I end up with one of these guys to my left or 2 to my left, I generally end up just leaving the table.

How would this strategy fare at 1000NL? I can't see CO limping k4o or raising rags UTG to be profitable unless the table is full of morans (which yours certainly was)
Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 PM

im getting no sound and a still picture of A3 vs 68

this is from the xvid formatted upload
Old 05-08-2007, 07:13 PM

I fundamentally disagree with almost everything in this video, and I don't mean because the plays are "non-standard" or "maniacal", I mean that this video is full of badly chosen, over-expensive and inefficient spots if our objective is to cultivate an image and manipulate table dynamics.

I don't mean to be offensive but seeing everyone bow down before this video just because the guy is playing 60/40 is un-nerving.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:41 AM

Ama , the reason we are all gobsmacked about this video is not any particular hand or actual play. It is the idea of sitting in a table with a plan. Is the discussion of isolating weak players and attacking them.

it is much more interesting to see someone able to make a thin value bet with TPNK than someone making value bets with the nuts.
I have to say that after seeing this video I HAVEN'T changed my game one bit. To me this is just the pre-discussion , I don't think we touched any real point on how to play OP way as of yet.

And btw, I didn't get from this video that you have to raise or bet light. What I got from this video is OP wanting to make this table use to play bigger pots. So when we do hit we get paid by stacks.

I've seen this happen in tables with maniacs in them and I love it. The table dynamic has changed and people start calling big bets with ,marginal hand. I just do not know how to create it my self, yet!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fundamentally disagree with almost everything in this video, and I don't mean because the plays are "non-standard" or "maniacal", I mean that this video is full of badly chosen, over-expensive and inefficient spots if our objective is to cultivate an image and manipulate table dynamics.

I don't mean to be offensive but seeing everyone bow down before this video just because the guy is playing 60/40 is un-nerving.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Also when you have created a crazy image I don't really think you are using it correctly. The table will adapt to you being very loose/aggro so you need to change your play and start tightening up so that they are playing incorrectly against you, as opposed to correctly.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:29 PM

i tried to redownload it and im not getting anything. im using everlongs DL and viewing in VLC media player. and i have the xvid codec.

all i see if the opening shot of A3 vs 68 and it doesnt change, no audio either