Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Near-accident-whose fault?
Yours 115 61.50%
His 72 38.50%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: How safe do you feel in Vegas...

[ QUOTE ]
Last night, I went out for a five mile walk at about 1:30 am. So, I feel safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but i dont think the people you walked by did.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 AM

I'm from a smallish town in Canada so Vegas is a pretty big difference. I've always felt safe, especially on the strip, but the last time I was there I had done particularly well in poker and had more cash on me than I've ever had in my life. I walked back to my [censored] hotel which was just off the strip past MGM and I started to feel REALLY self-conscious about the amount of money I was carrying around.

I saw a bunch of "shady" characters up ahead and I actually started to get really paranoid, which is strange for me since I've never been really scared in a public place in my life. I started to do ridiculous things like spread my money out throughout my pockets and socks in case I got jumped. Nothing happened but it definitely spooked me.

I still feel safe anywhere on the strip but I'll probably never carry around more than I need ever again.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last night, I went out for a five mile walk at about 1:30 am. So, I feel safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but i dont think the people you walked by did.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
Old 05-08-2007, 04:43 AM

I live in a relatively "decent" area, and I have had my car broken into 4 times in the last year and stolen once...

but as for my personal safety, no more or less than anywhere else really..
Old 05-08-2007, 04:46 AM

there are tons of shady/desperate people here but with an ounce of common sense you should be able to keep yourself about safe as you could in other major city.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 AM

I lived in Vegas over the summer. I always felt incredibly safe on the strip, and always felt pretty safe when I'd go to a business, really the only time I felt unsafe was when I'd be waiting for a cab in my apartment complex cause it was in a ghetto neighborhood (I signed a lease site unseen). Also, I think any apprehension that somebody (definately true for me last summer) has in Vegas is compounded because they are probably carrying more cash than they are normally used to/comfortable with.
The only time I really feared for my safety was the night/early morning after I won a tournament at the Bellagio and had $40k+ on me in chips and cash and I happened to forget my apartment key (which I didnt realize until I got to my door and my cab was pulling away) and my phone was dead so I couldnt get ahold of my roommate to let me into the building. I was pretty freaked out walking 2 blocks in a ghetto LV neighborhood at 4 AM with so much cash on me in order to call another cab to take me back to the strip to get a hotel. The 5 minutes that I waited outside of the gas station felt like an hour, I've never been so happy to see a cab in my life.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:37 AM

inside the bellagio i feel like the safest man in the world. so safe that if i knew a 20 man swat team had just entered the building with the intention of killing me, i would probably continue to roll dice.

i felt safe on the strip til i walked most of it at 4am one night and realised just how many suspicious guys there are about. and how few cops.