Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Neteller Card Worldwide Shutdown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried calling neteller customer service lately? My account has been closed (U.S. customer) and the page told me to call their customer service and when I call them it says that they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes and hangs up on me.

Very sketchy.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, if you are in the US, there really shouldn't be any reason for you to call...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs Sniper? quit defending these people. No reason to call? They have his money, why wouldn't he [censored] call them? Or maybe he needs his account open for tax records. I can think of a lot of reasons to call if my account were closed and they owed me money, but I can't think of a single reason or excuse for their behavior.

The lack of contempt, finger pointing and disdain directed toward Neteller is quite the riot.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 AM

I've received no reply to emails about my account closing and the scarier thing is what I'm experiencing with the customer service line. I don't think I explained it clearly in my earlier post. I call and no matter what buttons I press (e.g. #2 for security or #6 for investor relations) it goes to an automated message telling me they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes, and instead of placing me in a line to talk to an operator, it hangs up on me. This has been going on for a week...I even called them at 5 A.M. and it was the same way, there's nobody taking calls.

Have any of you all been able to get through recently?

Does anyone know why they're closing some accounts and not others?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:33 AM

Just checked mine for the first time in a several weeks. When I log in, says my account balance is .67, but when I check transactions for the last six months, still shows my pending EFT. Luckily, it is only $50, so writing it off is annoying, but not gonna break the bank.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried calling neteller customer service lately? My account has been closed (U.S. customer) and the page told me to call their customer service and when I call them it says that they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes and hangs up on me.

Very sketchy.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, if you are in the US, there really shouldn't be any reason for you to call...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs Sniper? quit defending these people. No reason to call? They have his money, why wouldn't he [censored] call them? Or maybe he needs his account open for tax records. I can think of a lot of reasons to call if my account were closed and they owed me money, but I can't think of a single reason or excuse for their behavior.

The lack of contempt, finger pointing and disdain directed toward Neteller is quite the riot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, I missed the part about his account being closed... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know why they're closing some accounts and not others?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they closed accounts of people doing Person to Person transfers back at the beginning of this. So if you haven't checked your account since then...

The other major reason they close accounts, is for login attempts from a different location, as a security measure.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:25 PM

I was also very po at NT. They have ~1000 of my money etc etc.

But it is also possible that they were forced into this position by the actions of our government. Why should they risk criminal prosecution when by freezing our accounts (which acutally makes them money) they can avoid all that? How many of us would "do the right thing" if it put us at risk for criminal prosectution, loss of the entire business, etc etc especially if we actually made money by doing it. Of course they will never get any business from me, but they aren't going to lose any sleep over that.

I'm just sorry I didn't see it coming. Now, I am actually more pissed at our govt than NT.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I am actually more pissed at our govt than NT.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this is the most appropriate way to look at things...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:26 AM

Just a thought, who is receiving the interest off the $75 mil?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought, who is receiving the interest off the $75 mil?

[/ QUOTE ]

not me.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:31 PM

I never made a peer to peer transfer and haven't logged on in a few months.

I tried to login today and got a message saying my account has been closed. They give a number to call but no matter what option you press it tells you to go to updates.neteller.com and then hangs up.

On updates.neteller.com they have nothing about accounts being closed unless you were doing peer to peer transactions which I wasn't.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Closed Thread