Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: brag: just got Sens vs Sabres tickets

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Miller does exactly enough to keep his team in the game and keep them winning. That's really all that matters.

Emery is going to need to play better than he ever has as he's going to be facing the leagues best offense.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the Sabres' offense is better than Ottawa's, it's a very marginal edge. And Ottawa makes up for that with their better defensive game, including a shutdown pairing of defence that Buffalo can't match.

Emery doesn't need to play better than he ever has -- if he plays as well as he played against NJ, the Sens win. If he plays the best hockey of his career, it's going to be Ottawa in a sweep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coaches do something called "reviewing game tapes". I know. I know. It's crazy. They actually watch the other teams and then formulate a plan of attack.

This defensive pairing you're talking about has already been ironed out. It's in the bag. I feel sorry for the Sens coaches because they have to deal with trying to figure out how to shut down 4 complete and offensively potent lines plus work out penalty kills.

I think Ottawa is potentially going to be spread too thin and they're most likely going to be spending more time in the box than Buffalo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Ottawa coaches will be watching the same tapes and see how the Rangers managed to completly neutralize that 'incredibly deep Sabres attack' for at least half the games in their series. And Ottawa's D-men 1 through 6 are >>>>> NY Rangers D.

And the Sabres PP is terrible, btw. If Ottawa managed to contain one of the best PP teams in the league (that would be Crosby and co.) they'll handle Buffalo's PP easily.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:23 PM

MARK MY WORDS... THEY ARE THE STANLEY CUP WINNERS!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

MARK MY WORDS... THEY ARE THE STANLEY CUP WINNERS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
What city are the Fighting Red X's from?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Coaches do something called "reviewing game tapes". I know. I know. It's crazy. They actually watch the other teams and then formulate a plan of attack.

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding? Wow. Didn't know that. That screws my whole line of thinking. Mods, please delete all posts I've ever made.

Wait, any chance Ottawa coaches might review the game tape too? I mean, in between "how to sound tough when you talk with a lisp" lessons? Because that might even things up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

"how to sound tough when you talk with a lisp" lessons" had me crackin up!! ROFL that's great! Serious high five for that one. We used to say the same crap when he was here.

And about the game tape, I thought that was implied. Remember I said I felt sorry for the Sens coaches?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well Ottawa coaches will be watching the same tapes and see how the Rangers managed to completly neutralize that 'incredibly deep Sabres attack' for at least half the games in their series. And Ottawa's D-men 1 through 6 are >>>>> NY Rangers D.

And the Sabres PP is terrible, btw. If Ottawa managed to contain one of the best PP teams in the league (that would be Crosby and co.) they'll handle Buffalo's PP easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember how the Rangers lost in 6? That's most likely going to be just like how the Sens are about to lose in 6 but with a little better D.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"how to sound tough when you talk with a lisp" lessons" had me crackin up!! ROFL that's great! Serious high five for that one. We used to say the same crap when he was here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Imagine the poor reporters who have to hear him say "Spezza" every day without laughing.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:08 PM

I got game 6 tickets too.. nosebleed though lol. I think anyone that thinks Ottawa can't take it down this year hasn't been watching walk through the second half of this season and the first two rounds in the playoffs. Buffalo is a good team, but its Ottawa's time.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got game 6 tickets too.. nosebleed though lol. I think anyone that thinks Ottawa can't take it down this year hasn't been watching walk through the second half of this season and the first two rounds in the playoffs. Buffalo is a good team, but its Ottawa's time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ew nosebleed? 100's are like 160 no?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:18 PM

ya they are like double what i paid.. 85 plus tax.. but im poor and the tickets were going pretty fast.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Imagine the poor reporters who have to hear him say "Spezza" every day without laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Dino Ciccirelli? LOL. I can do a pretty damn good impression myself.